Tennis Forum banner

Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread!

Tags
mynx
316K views 5K replies 116 participants last post by  TeamUkraine 
#1 ·
I can't believe there wasn't a thread for one of Ukraine's rising stars.

She's born on 12 September 1994. She's the reigning junior Roland Garros Champion and has been the ranked number 1 on the ITF circuit. On the professional tour, she has also made the finals of a 25K losing to another talented teenager, Lyuda Kichenok. Her highest WTA ranking is 548.

Let's all cheer for her as she rises up the rankings soon and be a real star on the WTA tour!

More pictures of her at http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=gallery&player_id=145&page=1

See less See more
#2,137 ·
:wavey: everyone. My first post here. That was a tough match for Elina to lose but I'm sure she'll bounce back. :hug:

Elina Svitolina ‏@ElinaSvitolina
Happy and sad in the same time @ Arthur Ashe Stadium - USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center

#2,142 ·
I am worried about how she's comparing with some of the other young upcoming players. Unlike Elina they've gone further in slams and had more wins over top 50 players.

Robson, Keys have gone deeper in slams. Bouchard managed to push top player to 3rd set (Serena, Kerber)

I am not saying she should be the best among them, but I don't want her to be dominated by those players either.