Kristina Barrois
Dinah Pfizenmaier

in der Quali ist keine gesetzt

#265 ·
Annika Beck :worship:
Antonia Lottner :hug:

Nun viel Glück im Finale, Annika !!!

#268 ·
Keine Schande gegen Schmiedlova zu verlieren, die hatte ja zuletzt auf der ITF Tour einige Erfolge, steht ja momentan ungefähr da, wo auch ALF steht.
Mal schaue wie es für Antonia weitergeht, das Talent ist da, jetzt muss eben weiter hart gearbeitet werden! :)

Annika kann bei den Juniorinnen eigentlich fast nur noch "verlieren", alles andere als der Titel wäre logischerweise eine Enttäuschung, aber bisher ist sie ja ihrer Favoritenrolle total gerecht geworden, hoffe sie kann das auch im Finale bestätigen! :)

#281 ·
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/news/articles/semifinal-line-up-decided-at-the-porte-d'auteuil.aspx

In the other half, second seed Annika Beck reached the last four without dropping a set after a 64 63 victory over ninth seed Chalena Scholl of the US. The 18-year-old will take on 12th seed Anna Kontaveit, a 60 63 victor over American 16th seed Alexandra Kiick.

Beck and Lottner are friends who train at the same academy in Germany and are staying in the same hotel in Paris. They have been going out for dinner together in the evenings and even practising together before matches.

One more win apiece and they will be clashing in the final but Beck said she was just trying to focus on herself and not worry about expectations as the highest-ranked player left in the draw.

“It would mean a lot to win because this is my last junior event,” Beck said. “I would be very happy if I can finish it with a title. So, no pressure!”
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/news/articles/finals-decided-in-paris.aspx

The girls’ final will be between German second seed Beck, who has cruised through without losing a set and unseeded Schmiedlova of the Slovak Republic, who won three matches in three sets before Friday’s 75 61 win over another German, Antonia Lottner.

“It’s a great feeling,” Beck said after beating Estonia’s Anna Kontaveit 63 63. “Starting as the No 2 seed, I felt a bit of pressure at the beginning but at the end it was just having fun and it’s such a good feeling. I was a bit nervous but not as much as before the quarter-final. You just have to try to handle it.”

Beck said she and Schmiedlova last played two years ago and that she expects a tough final. “She’s a bit like me, she is very quick and moves well,” she said. “She hits the ball well and serves well. I think it will just be about who is better on the day.”

#282 ·
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/ne...s-win-roland-garros-junior-championships.aspx

Kimmer Coppejans of Belgium and Germany’s Annika Beck were crowned as the 2012 junior singles champions at Roland Garros on Sunday.

Coppejans became only the second Belgian boy ever to win a Grand Slam title thanks to a 61 64 win over Filip Peliwo of Canada, while girls’ No. 2 seed Beck came back to beat Anna Schmiedlova of Slovakia 36 75 63.

The girls’ final was a real ding-dong affair as Beck recovered from a set down to become the first German winner since Anna-Lena Groenefeld in 2003.

“Of course it feels very good,” a delighted Beck said. “It was such a good final today. We had a tough fight against each other. I was very nervous at the beginning but I just try to handle it because of the situation, my first final here in a Grand Slam tournament. It just feels so good to win it.

“It means very much to me. I never thought that I was going to win it today because actually I saw her results before and she was playing very good. But such a win gives so much self‑confidence for yourself and for the upcoming tournaments. It's a good feeling.”

Beck said the victory was doubly satisfying because it was her last junior event and that she intended to celebrate her victory with a spot of sight-seeing. “Maybe I will visit the Eiffel Tower and take a walk along the Champs‑Elysées,” she said. “And visit the Louvre or something else and just have fun here.”

Schmiedlova admitted she was disappointed to go so close but said the way she had played throughout the week was a huge confidence boost. “It was a great week for me - I still can’t believe I was in the finals,” she said.

“Bad luck I couldn’t win it but we were both nervous. I think it was a good week and it was many new experiences. I know what I can do and what I can get better at. I know that I can be a good player. I had some very big wins and big support from Slovakia. I am so happy that I can be second."

#283 ·
Annika Beck French Open Junioren Siegerin ! :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Tolle Leistung. Da hat sie starken Kampfgeist im Finale gezeigt :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.