Tennis Forum banner

Australian Open: Singles R2 lost vs. Ivanovic[21] + Lost Doubles R1

3K views 52 replies 9 participants last post by  hellas719 
#1 · (Edited)
Draw coming up in a few hours :worship:
Let's hope for a kind draw

#31 · (Edited)
Re: Australian Open: Singles R1 def. Barrois 63/76 Doubles R1: Misa/BoJo vs. Ekat/All

She changed her service? Did she have any changes apart from that? I really think her forehand can be a lot better.
The next match must be on show court, I hope someone can record it...

#32 ·
Re: Australian Open: Singles R1 def. Barrois 63/76 Doubles R1: Misa/BoJo vs. Ekat/All

She changed her service? Did she have any change apart from that? I really think her forehand can be a lot better.
The next match must on show court, I hope someone can record it...
Yeah they changed her service motion a bit.
The biggest change was actually made on her FH. She used to have a huge backswing, it's now alot shorter.

Here's a vid of her match. You can see some differences

from 1.14

#34 ·

:eek:

Ivanovic just did an interview at Game,Set and Mats and said: I've actually never played her before. :confused:

They played twice in 2006? :shrug:
Ana has a short term memory? :oh:
Not weird that she forgot it though

#36 ·

Misa lost in doubles, 6-7(1) 6-4 3-6.

Bojo and Misa squandered a setpoint in the first set. :shrug:

Singles is more important though, And Misa will play at 1 AM CET against Ivanovic on Hisense Arena! :D

Definitely will follow it, I hope Eurosport will broadcast it :)

#37 ·

I think Misa and BoJo did fairly well. Better than i expected.. First time they played doubles together and Ekaterina/Alla are good doubles players and play together very often. Too bad they lost though :tears:

Hopefully ES will broadcast it. Sharapova is playing at the same time though, so they may broadcast her :eek: But otherwise there are still plenty of livestreams :) Very glad it's the first match, still a 'reasonable' time for us :lol:

#38 ·

Krajíčková;20772740 said:
Yeah they changed her service motion a bit.
The biggest change was actually made on her FH. She used to have a huge backswing, it's now alot shorter.
So happy she finally have a real coach to help her improve her technique.
Just saw a little from the short video, she seems to need more time for the chance but it is a good start.

#39 ·

Krajíčková;20777609 said:
I think Misa and BoJo did fairly well. Better than i expected.. First time they played doubles together and Ekaterina/Alla are good doubles players and play together very often. Too bad they lost though :tears:

Hopefully ES will broadcast it. Sharapova is playing at the same time though, so they may broadcast her :eek: But otherwise there are still plenty of livestreams :) Very glad it's the first match, still a 'reasonable' time for us :lol:
You can also watch on ES2! I have the ES Player on my iPad, so I'll stay in bed and watch from there. If it isn't broadcasted on ES or ES2 (Which I would find pretty strange, I'll get my computer to catch a livestream. I don't want to miss it! :D)

#40 ·

You can also watch on ES2! I have the ES Player on my iPad, so I'll stay in bed and watch from there. If it isn't broadcasted on ES or ES2 (Which I would find pretty strange, I'll get my computer to catch a livestream. I don't want to miss it! :D)
Oh, that's cool :D I don't have ES2, but it definetly will be broadcasted on ES. Hopefully on ES international and otherwise i indeed will get on the pc and watch it on the livestream.
God, i'm just so excited :hysteric: How often can we see Misa play 'live' ? :tears:
I don't expect her to win against Ana, but i really hope she can play well. She was terrible against Serena :eek:

#43 ·
Re: Australian Open: Singles R2 vs. Ivanovic[21] + Lost Doubles R1

Misa :hug:

Expected loss. But some nice ranking points for reaching R2 here :)

#44 ·

No shame to lose to Ivanovic. She still needs to get more Rhythm in her serve and also on her strokes but she can only go up from here. :)
Next tournament is the Fed Cup. Fed Cup doesn't count for the ranking right?

#45 ·

No shame to lose to Ivanovic. She still needs to get more Rhythm in her serve and also on her strokes but she can only go up from here. :)
Next tournament is the Fed Cup. Fed Cup doesn't count for the ranking right?
Nope, it doesn't count.

#46 ·

Misa told she was very nervous for this match. She hasn't played a lot of these big matches (only Serena at the USO). She said she needs to play more of these matches, but this time the nerves got the better of her.

:hug:

#48 ·

She still need to work hard on her strokes which is still inconsistent, not fluent and not powerful at all. R2 is not a bad result, keep going and better result will come.

#51 ·

Misa :hug: Just too inconsistent.
Little improvement with her strokes, but baby steps i guess. Still needs lots of work.
Despite being really inconsistent, Misa showed some good tennis.

Good tournament :yeah:

#53 ·
Misa :hug:
Good job reaching R2 :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.