Tennis Forum banner

Amalia Island 2007

2K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  DutchieGirl 
#1 · (Edited)
Misa in 1st round against Q, then if she wins 3rd time this year Safina!!

Good luck Mies:angel:

#2 ·
(1) Black/Huber vs Dechy/Kostanic Tosic
Gajdosova/Stubbs vs Molik/Stewart
(3) Petrova/Raymond vs King/Sun
Santangelo/Srebotnik vs Dulko/Pennetta

Dushevina/Vesnina vs Bartoli/Tu
WC Jankovic/Morariu vs (4) Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual
Husarova/Shaughnessy vs WC Krajicek/Voskoboeva
Daniilidou/Pratt vs (2) Yan/Zheng

#3 ·
1e ronde tegen Lucky Loser Sun

#7 ·
Misa wins after a very long match 6-7 (6) (wasting 2 consecutive setpoints) 6-4 6-4! :)
Not a very good match, although the third set seemed fine, but she wins and will now face Dinara Safina (again).

#9 ·
zelfs op gravel moet ze nog van een Sun kunnen winnen.

#12 ·
So she lost 2nd round (again) to Safina (again) with 4-6 5-7 (again, like in Paris). But this was on gravel, so I guess the result is relatively better.

She couldn't hold serve in the first set, Safina could (once) so she won the set. The second set had again lot of breakpoints, but only a few actual breaks this time, but again one too many for Misa.

So at what tournament will Misa make it to the third round for the first time this year? I really hope it will be before Rosmalen, but she'd probably have to play some smaller tournaments then.

#15 ·
Misa moet echt iets aan die tweede service gaan doen. Ze wint hierop bijna geen punten, en haar eerste service is nog niet 'steady' genoeg om het risico te nemen daarop de punten te winnen.
Het valt me op dat Misa in principe altijd wel goed met haar tegenstandsters meekomt, maar net op de belangrijke punten lijkt ze niet door te kunnen zetten. Ze heeft dit jaar nu al 3 keer tegen Safina gespeeld, en elke keer met een soort gelijk resultaat. In de eerste set zwicht ze op het belangrijke punt, in de tweede set komt ze langer mee, maar dan aan het einde op het belangrijke moment dat het moet gaan gebeuren zwicht ze opnieuw. Dit was bij alle drie de wedstrijden van dit jaar het geval.
Ze moet hier echt iets aan gaan doen, en een betere eerste en vooral tweede service moet daarbij helpen!

#16 ·
Misa moet inderdaad ook gewoon even haar schema om gaan gooien. Op dit moment is het niveau nog niet goed genoeg om ver te komen in de grote toernooien, alleen als ze geluk heeft.
Ze moet eigenlijk met Tier 3 toernooien gaan spelen. Hierin zitten de speelsters die ze kan verslaan, kan hierin ver komen en ze kan deze toernooien zelfs gewoon winnen. Dit zal haar zelfvertrouwen goed doen en ook haar ranking. Waardoor ze ook automatisch weer betere schema's krijgt in de grote toernooien. Het is een vizieuze circel ;)

#18 ·
:scratch: Her clay schedule is FINE - she's playing: Fed Cup, Warsaw ( tier 2 - she's in MD already), PRAGUE (tier 3), STRASBOURG (tier 3), Roland Garros, ROSMALEN (tier 3), Wimbledon...what's wrong with that? She played Amelia Island because she likes the tourney and how it's set up and everything. And at least she did win a round this year. ;)

#19 ·
Yes that right! But I meaned that she better could have played in those Tier 3 tournaments the last months. Tournaments like Memphis and in Asia were better for her at that moment. Let's hope she can win some more matches in Prague, Strasbourg and Rosmalen. If it's going better at that time she can play bigger tournaments in the US hardcourt season, if not she can better play tournaments like Cincinatti. I really hope she finds her groove back and starts winning again! :D

#20 ·
:lol: Well I've been saying since the start of the year that I wish she wouldn't play so many big tournaments, so I'm glad she's finally gonna take a step back and play some lower ones. She really needed to mix it up a bit more. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.