Tennis Forum banner

Sabine's POSITIVES thread

7K views 43 replies 13 participants last post by  Tarabuses 
#1 · (Edited)
In light of the constant negativity generally about Sabine lately on GM and even in her own fan forum, I am starting this thread. Only POSITIVE comments about Sabine in this thread please :angel:

I'll start

1. Wimbledon is coming up and there's always HOPE there
2. She has won a trophy this year in Miami :p
3. We all still love her smile :kiss:
4. She can do with a cyber hug from her fans and she is surely very huggable :hug:

#3 ·
2 Replys in this Thread says everything :oh:

#18 ·
Something positive from my point of view: Sabine is no longer working with Hingis.

"Martina and I have parted ways on a mutual agreement. After winning the doubles title in Miami she found the desire to play doubles again. I wish her much luck and maybe we play a few doubles here and there! "

#36 ·
A LOT of positives after Hong Kong. A much more than I ever expected :inlove:

#41 ·
The tournament director was certainly pointing the finger at Genie. I'm not sure if he should have raked her through the coals in the media like he did, but he was in a panic being left without any marquee player at the last minute. I don't think it was so much Genie's withdrawal itself as players always withdraw from tournaments, but there apparently was a complete lack of communication the week before the tournament even though Genie had verbally committed and was being used as the primary promoter of the tournament.

I wouldn't be surprised if all this weighed in Sabine's decision to accept the last minute wildcard. I know she had to take personal factors into account, but she has always seemed like someone who considers others when making these kinds of decisions.

#43 ·
Sabine really was wonderful in Hong Kong :hearts: It may have been too lame for Genie but it certainly meant a lot to Bine :)

Maybe she wasn't at her best (although she was pretty awesome vs. Min) but she showed lots of heart, fighting so hard every time she was down. She also spent a long time with the fans after every match signing autographs & taking photos etc which was really nice to see :inlove:

The tournament really needed her. It's a shame more of the top players didn't turn up, HK seems like a beautiful place with a nice venue & some enthusiastic fans. I think it'll be on Bine's schedule next year.

So, yeah, so many positive from last week! Hopefully there will me more in Tokyo :cheer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.