Tennis Forum banner

US Open outfits!

74K views 611 replies 182 participants last post by  Electrique 
#1 ·
We already have a thread for the US Open Series, but I thought I'd open one for the final Major of the year.

So far we have the dresses Ana is supposed to wear:D

And today I found these two dresses

Serena is supposed to wear them:eek:
They're just horrible and I hope this isn't true:sad:

See less See more
#514 ·
Serena's dress is too short.

It's not that her butt is hanging out. But it cuts off at the wrong spot. It needs to hang more. It seriously looks like somebody hemmed it to make it shorter and picked the wrong spot to fold the hem. If you've hemmed a skirt or a dress you know what I mean.

I don't think it is the size of her butt, because the back is the same length as the front. If you have a big butt, sometimes the back will be shorter. Do you think Nike custom cuts her skirts so they hang evenly?

#518 ·
I don't like serena's shoes :eek: too many colors. and i'm not a fan of non-white shoe laces :lol:
I don't like players having their name on their outfit. Roger RF :help: And the big Serena on the jacket :help:
but the black looks stunning :hearts: and the bun is cute too.

#520 ·
I really like this outfit :D

#525 ·
Yeah I greatly prefer Serena's night outfit to her day one but both are nice in their own way.

Just saw this in one of Jon Weirtheim's mailbag thing about Venus's dress (someone really likes it! :eek: ) & then even worse, JW's liking of Nadia Petrova's Wimby dress :eek: :tape:

Please spare a line for Venus' U.S. Open dress! It's simple and elegant, yet so detailed it merits a meditation on the dress itself. Wish the camera crew felt the same way, though, because I couldn't get a nice still view of the sketching on the back. The endless variations of the basic dress form are still surprising to me- people's creativity never seems to end. Venus really did an incredible job on it. Kudos! (I'm assuming she designed it.)
-- Maria Li, New York

• I tend to overlook fashion. But at Wimbledon I was struck by Nadia Petrova's attire, a classically elegant white dress adorned with some tasteful frills. "Finally, tennis attire I might buy for my wife." I looked at the label and then recalled that Venus was designing Petrova's clothes.

Did Venus really design that horrendous Wimby dress for Petrova? I thought it was Ellesse...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.