Tennis Forum banner

Australian AMT Players Thread

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Hey,

Just wondering which other posters on here regularly play AMT tournaments, and what state they are based in, club they play for, rank etc.

I'm Melb based and trying to find a regular doubles partner!

#3 ·
LOL good for her/him! I've played against a few ranked players in my time too, its always fun, but being a guy, its not hard to over power them, some of the girls really aren't that good and are only ranked due to the lack of depth in women's tennis.

I know Territory plays AMT's in NT, is there any one else??

#10 ·
^Good luck!

As for me, I managed to fall over and break my tennis-playing hand :sobbing: (yes, I was drunk) so I've had no tennis for about 8 weeks and I think it'll be a few weeks before I even start playing again and then it'll take me ages to regain my strength and fitness :sobbing:

I'm still hoping I can play one or both of the white AMTs in Canberra in Sep/Oct...

#11 ·
Not AMT, but Junior Tour for me. I was thinking of entering some tournaments during the September holidays and December holidays, but transport is a problem for me.. and ugh, i'd have to face big guys like 16y.os. But I hate it how the schedule is so limited, because I can only play on the holidays and sometimes during the holidays there are only ones say in like Bendigo or Shepparton :help: Its like if your really committed you have to skip school :sobbing: no way I would be able to do that. + its so expensive :help: I've played 2 where I had to pay like 45$ for each and I lost 60 61, 63 61, 62 26 62, 62 62 (atleast my scorelines are better than Senay Ince :oh:)

#19 ·
Ok so I had the worst week at Newcastle :sobbing: I lost to some kid who was like barely 5 foot and was the biggest pusher ever omg :lol: Lost 6-3 6-4 in doubles to 2 top 100 players so yay :cheer:

Gosford silver is next week, hoping to win a match or two, have been training hard :cheer:

#24 ·
I train with bec and shes a nice girl, but she could be so much better but she tanks heaps. Don't know much about Gabby.

Oh really? :rolls: Well in that case dont judge my local results :oh: I've only started to take tennis seriously the past few months, im excited to finally be playing heaps :)

That's good to hear :) I though north shore was on real grass? :eek: Synthetic so shit, gosford hard courts are the bestt

#26 ·
TBH but :eek: have had so many local results lately.

^ I swear there is a tournament around this time which is on grass, maybe Manly?

I wish the tournaments weren't SO expensive, they must make so much money :lol:

Gosford is my fav, i might be biased, considering i live 10 min walk from the centre :oh::lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.