2014 intro: New Zealand and Australia - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:02 PM   #871
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 intro: New Zealand and Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos07 View Post
I don't hate Genie. That is too strong of a word, but I am annoyed she beat my favorite player twice in slams in the past 7 months. So I irrationally have a dislike for her. Also, the hype she is getting is ridiculous. These are the players she beat at AO:

1R: HAO CHEN TANG (ranked #487)
2R: VIRGINIE RAZZANO (ranked #100)
3R: Lauren Davis (ranked #68)
4R: Casey Dellacqua (ranked #120) ...took three sets to win this one.
QF: Ana Ivanovic ...who was injured.

I'm not denying that Genie is a very talented player and future WTA star, but let's slow down on the hype. She hasn't beaten anybody at a slam yet and took advantage of a ridiculously weak draw and some breaks that went her way. I've already seen people talk about how she is the new Sharapova and is going to take over women's tennis. It is that kind of hype that turns me and many other people off. It is the same with Sloane Stephens.
Hey Curtis!

I agree.. the hype is too much.

Also, I have to say that, for me personally, I have a problem with all the canadian gloating... because of certain journalist and those montrealers..

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:05 PM   #872
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Not so simple to get to top 10.. Ana is, atm, 600 points behind Halep for number 10. Halep has less points to defend then Ana, so she is more likely to add. She also has a lot of room for improvement in Mandatory tournaments. To get to top 10 Ana will need to reach far in each and every tournament she enters. To add to her ranking she needs at least a final in an International, like Monterrey, at least a SF in a Premier, like Dubai, and at least a QF in a Premier 5, like Doha. That's only to start adding a few points. Ana will need to deliver.

Though its good to note that Ana has made QF or better of her last 5 tournaments, which I don't think had happened since 2007!
I wasn't thinking about Halep at all, she's out of reach atm. I think that it's time for Kerber to lose IW points and for Ana to make some bigger results.
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:23 PM   #873
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
I wasn't thinking about Halep at all, she's out of reach atm. I think that it's time for Kerber to lose IW points and for Ana to make some bigger results.
Kerber has, at the moment, 4030 points, 870 points ahead of Ana. She has only 3 tournament results to defend in the coming months: 450 points from IW (mandatory, to be replaced by her 2014 IW result), 80 points from Miami (mandatory, to be replaced by her 2014 Miami result) and 75 points from Monterrey (200 points from final to be replaced, in worst case scenario, by 125 points as 17th best result). So, lets say that out of these 605 points she is defending, she gets 185 points (4th round in IW and 3rd round in Miami). She would be losing 420 points, and be ahead of Ana by 450 points. Ana, OTH, is defending 140 points in Miami, 80 in IW, and 5 points from Doha (125 3rd round points to be replaced, in worst case scenario, by 17th best result 120). That's 225 points to be defended. So Ana would need to get, at least, over 675 points until the start of clay season to have a shot at passing Kerber (mainly in mandatory tournaments, otherwise any result replaces her 120 16th best result, so adds less then we would like). Its possible.. but still a stretch.. Ana would need to have a more than one big result.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 08:23 AM   #874
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Errani and JJ are defending much more than Kerber, Ana and Simona togheter

I don't see Errani defending even half of those points, JJ's chances are small as well...

I think it's about a time when will Ana reach top 10 if she keeps this level and stay injury free

Sabine Lisicki ♦ Maria Sharapova ♦ Petra Kvitova
Jelena Jankovic ♦ Venus Williams

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #875
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wasn't talking about you precisely, I just noticed the hate for Halep and Genie here in general and I don't understand it. I mean, Ana wasted 62 52 lead against Cornet.
Somehow, I'm feeling this post is for me I never really hated Halep, I hated her fans. And about Genie, hmm, I just dislike her. Just randomly dislike her.

And I love Alize Her fighting spirit makes me love her

PAW Titles: Auckland 2014, Sydney 2014 (Runner-Up), Acapulco 2014 (Runner-Up)
Three Hands: Roland Garros 2014
Ana Ivanovic forever
Christina McHale || Alize Cornet || Mona Barthel || Maria Sharapova || Jelena Jankovic
dogwonder24 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #876
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, have you seen this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanovi...ustralian_Open

Someone just created Ana-S.Williams match at AO This is ridiculous. Someone should ban the creepy creator

Ana Ivanovic forever
Christina McHale || Alize Cornet || Mona Barthel || Maria Sharapova || Jelena Jankovic
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 11:58 AM   #877
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

I'd suggest you to edit that post before somebody opens a thread about it in GM.
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #878
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd suggest you to edit that post before somebody opens a thread about it in GM.
This

Sabine Lisicki ♦ Maria Sharapova ♦ Petra Kvitova
Jelena Jankovic ♦ Venus Williams

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #879
country flag dogwonder24

Quote:
Are you referring to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanovi...stralian_Open?

Ana Ivanovic forever