LGBT Rights - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 9th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #226
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LGBT Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Michigan is getting more 3rd World-ish each day that passes.
It's actually not really at all. It's one of the more Democratic states and is about in the middle for per capita income, education, life expectancy etc.

It just got unlucky like many other states that Democrats lost big in a census year 2010, which is when politicians get to re-draw the district lines so it's almost impossible for Dems to win back the state legislature. There will be a pretty big backlash for a bill like this in a state like Michigan.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #227
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett. View Post
Michigan House Approves Religious ‘License To Discriminate Against Gays’ Bill
December 8, 2014 •

The Michigan House of Representatives has just passed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act that would allow anyone to refuse service to anyone and claim their “religious beliefs” require them to discriminate.

Supporters say the bill is intended to limit government laws that may burden an individual’s free exercise of religion but opponents fear the bill will allow rampant discrimination under the guise of religious observance.

According to NCRM:

For example, under the Religious Freedom law, a pharmacist could refuse to fill a doctor’s prescription for birth control, or HIV medication. An emergency room physician or EMT could refuse service to a gay person in need of immediate treatment.

A school teacher could refuse to mentor the children of a same-sex couple, and a DMV clerk could refuse to give a driver’s license to a person who is divorced.

Michigan Speaker Bolger fast-tracked the bill, which passed on partisan lines, 59-50. It now heads to the Michigan Senate, and if successful, to Republican Governor Rick Snyder. It is not known if Gov. Snyder would sign it.

“I support individual liberty and I support religious freedom,” Bolger said today. “I have been horrified as some have claimed that a person’s faith should only be practiced while hiding in their home or in their church.”

MLive adds:

An ACLU of Michigan attorney told MLive the RFRA could allow a landlord who was forced to rent to a single mother to sue their city on religious grounds. In a separate briefing, the ACLU said RFRAs in other states have been cited by pharmacists who refused to dispense birth control.
“I should not be forced to follow the religion of my pharmacist,” state Rep. Vicki Barnett, D-Farmington Hills, said in a floor speech prior to the vote.

Future Speaker Kevin Cotter, R-Mt. Pleasant, spoke in support of the religious freedom proposal, arguing that opponents were using scare stories to “incite fear.” Case law suggests far-fetched suits against government laws would not survive in court, he said.

“The ability to bring a case is a right that we all enjoy,” Cotter said. “But there is a difference between filing a case and winning a case.”

Also Thursday, the House approved a Republican-backed “conscience protections” package, ensuring that faith based adoption agencies will not be required to perform adoptions if they have religious objections

WTF is all this nonsense?

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you. And you can bet that what they tell you will benefit them and not you.
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #228
country flag Brett.
Rest In Peace, Elena

Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute Brett. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
WTF is all this nonsense?
LOL. only happen when i'm using my phone. I tried to re-edit but it won't allow me to change it. Oh well! lol
Old Dec 9th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #229
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL. only happen when i'm using my phone. I tried to re-edit but it won't allow me to change it. Oh well! lol

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you. And you can bet that what they tell you will benefit them and not you.
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #230
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Michigan House Approves Religious ‘License To Discriminate Against Gays’ Bill
December 8, 2014 •

The Michigan House of Representatives has just passed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act that would allow anyone to refuse service to anyone and claim their “religious beliefs” require them to discriminate.

Supporters say the bill is intended to limit government laws that may burden an individual’s free exercise of religion but opponents fear the bill will allow rampant discrimination under the guise of religious observance.

According to NCRM:

For example, under the Religious Freedom law, a pharmacist could refuse to fill a doctor’s prescription for birth control, or HIV medication. An emergency room physician or EMT could refuse service to a gay person in need of immediate treatment. A school teacher could refuse to mentor the children of a same-sex couple, and a DMV clerk could refuse to give a driver’s license to a person who is divorced.
Michigan Speaker Bolger fast-tracked the bill, which passed on partisan lines, 59-50. It now heads to the Michigan Senate, and if successful, to Republican Governor Rick Snyder. It is not known if Gov. Snyder would sign it.

“I support individual liberty and I support religious freedom,” Bolger said today. “I have been horrified as some have claimed that a person’s faith should only be practiced while hiding in their home or in their church.”

MLive adds:

An ACLU of Michigan attorney told MLive the RFRA could allow a landlord who was forced to rent to a single mother to sue their city on religious grounds. In a separate briefing, the ACLU said RFRAs in other states have been cited by pharmacists who refused to dispense birth control.
“I should not be forced to follow the religion of my pharmacist,” state Rep. Vicki Barnett, D-Farmington Hills, said in a floor speech prior to the vote.

Future Speaker Kevin Cotter, R-Mt. Pleasant, spoke in support of the religious freedom proposal, arguing that opponents were using scare stories to “incite fear.” Case law suggests far-fetched suits against government laws would not survive in court, he said.

“The ability to bring a case is a right that we all enjoy,” Cotter said. “But there is a difference between filing a case and winning a case.”

Also Thursday, the House approved a Republican-backed “conscience protections” package, ensuring that faith based adoption agencies will not be required to perform adoptions if they have religious objections
Dear God, how can anyone in a supposedly advanced nation even think this is in any way acceptable? I can't get my head around how many knuckle-dragging morons hold sway in America.
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #231
country flag Bartosh
unattractive inside

Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute Bartosh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chile's Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill Gets Final Approval By Lawmakers

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — Chilean lawmakers gave final approval on Wednesday to a bill that recognizes civil unions between same-sex couples.

The legislation now goes to President Michelle Bachelet, who is expected to sign it. Government spokesman Alvaro Elizalde welcomed the bill's passage as "a breakthrough that we are proud of as a government."

The measure has been in the works for four years and will give same-sex and unmarried couples many of the rights granted to married couples. Among the changes, it will allow civil union partners to inherit each other's property, join a partner's health plan and receive pension benefits.

Civil unions have been recognized in several countries across South America, but conservative Chile has been slower to change. It decriminalized gay sex in 1999 and the killing of a gay man in 2012 set off a national debate that prompted Congress to pass a hate crimes law.

Argentina and Uruguay are the only South American nations to allow full marriage by gays and lesbians.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6569912.html

Great job Chile another South American country moving forwards
and currently governing party in Poland announced today they won't even work on civil unions bill in this term of parliament
Bartosh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote