Tennis Forum banner

Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

129K views 2K replies 47 participants last post by  croat123 
#1 ·
Let's hear it for Tereza! She's 17 years old (born in November 1990). According to her ITF file, she was born in Pula but lives in Porec.

She reached her highest rank so far in May 2007, at #738. After that she didn't play for almost a year, until April of this yar (school?) so she lost her ranking.

She's now back in action and seems to be playing well. Last month, she reached the SF at the $10K in Mostar and the final at the $10K in Budva. This week, she's playing at the $10K in Torino. She qualified easily, winning both her qualie matches 60 60. The best part is that yesterday in the main draw, she won her first-round match against the #2 seed, Maria Irigoyen (#251 in the world), very easily: 61 61. Very impressive! Given that result, her next match, against Nancy Rustignoli (#819; never heard of her), should be very winnable.

With her first-round win yesterday, she'll be able to re-enter the rankings at around 860. Hopefully she'll keep winning this week and move up even higher than that.

Best of luck, Tereza!

#819 ·
Tereza broken already, can't see the way Pavly can lose this. I mean Pavly can be quite erratic at times, but Tereza's game is just too weak for this level. It's a miracle she made it this high on WTA ranking list, kudos for that, but top100 with this game looks like a mission impossible.

#830 ·
Yes true but I can see her way of improving.
She could maybe try to get even more consistent and faster to get many more balls back in court without making errors, that would push her further up the rankings + stronger serve and serve can always be improved during career.
We'll see if she will develop further or not.
Good tournament anyway! :yeah:

#832 ·
Still a nice run and managed to fulfill if not exceed the expectations for this week :)
By reaching R2, she exceeded my expecations. Another excellent week for Tereza. Won four matches (including against a former world junior #1 in straight sets) and will reach a new CH ranking--almost top 150 :eek:

Tereza continues to improve and exceed expectations, month after month. Today's match did clearly exposed her weaknesses and limitations--but she might have been tired after four matches, and Pavs is a solid top-25 player after all.

Onward and forward for Tereza!

#851 ·
Good lord this will hurt! Disappointment - oh yeah. Surprise - pretty much. The fact that she lost the match, however is the least important here. This was a HUGE match for Tereza because of not just a former top 80 opponent, but of course it's one of the biggest tournaments she ever entered. And she actually had match points and was up a set and 5:2. I followed the score a bit yesterday and the last I checked was at 5:3 in the second; I forgot to check again and (needless to say) almost fainted this morning. Hope this doesn't crush her confidence as it has the potential to ruin at least a good part of the season for her - it was that important of a match, and that big of a chance. But on the bright side, she is obviously hard working and young, so she'll get her chances again. She'll probably learn something from this as well and make the most of future opportunities. But that it'll be a bitter pill to swallow, you can bet on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.