Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Venus' chat thread: Volume 2 :D

372K views 5K replies 165 participants last post by  James 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Seeing as the old thread will be coming to an end soon, I took the initiative to create a new one :)

Remember, all good things come to an end. The start of a new era.​

Venus RULES; you better recognise

Volume 1: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=153021

See less See more
#4,649 ·
She begged talked her sister into leaving the big Nike money behind and wearing EleVen on court, perhaps?

#4,671 ·
Groundies looked good and some of the movement was great.

Worried about her stamina as she seemed to be trying really hard and getting pretty tired, and VERY worried about the serve and whether we're ever going to see it as a huge weapon again.

Hopefully she just acted like she was really trying, and was actually in Rena exo mode :oh:

#4,677 · (Edited)
I was there!

Btw, yeah, I was kinda worried about the serve also. As at first she served very weak, but then she started adding more power. I kinda think this might be Venus trying one or two new things as in Luxembourg she said she was going more for percentage than power. So she might want to mix her serve more and she used this exhibition as an experiment.

Her ground-stroke games looked fine though, but still, too many errors :(

Btw, I dunno if it was aired or not, but after the match there was a talk-show by the court about Kim (this was between the singles and doubles match), and Venus was one of the guests. They both said nice things to each other, basically (and Clijsters mentioned Serena as well). Venus said she first noticed Clijsters when she was playing Serena in 3R of USO 1999 and was thinking: "Who is this girl trying to beat my sister?". Then Venus said about her last two encounters with Clijsters at the USO (2009 and 2010) and Clijsters ended up winning the title in both occassions. Clijsters (jokingly) said Venus was her good luck charm, then; and Venus answered Clijsters was her bad luck charm, lol. Then, Clijsters said because she is gone now so Venus can win the Open.

And I do hope she was really in exhibition-mode (like Serena) and let Clijsters have that win. This was her very last match anyway... :shrug:

#4,679 ·
Yes Kim, you broke our hearts and spitted each bit out in US Open 2010:eek:

As for the exhibition, aren't these things supposed to be close....like at least one 7-5 or tiebreak set?!
I am concerned about Vee's serve but I guess we'll see in Melbourne how it really is.

#4,683 ·
Just praying that she is practicing her serve during the off season. If Vee could do what Serena did a couple of years ago with her serve, she wouldn't have that many problems in her matches.

I'm liking her groundstrokes and volleys a lot, just needs a bit more of consistency and that's pretty much it. Comparing Luxembourg with Miami, she looks fresher and ready to compete. At least we can all agree that Sjogren's is definitely "improving". Come on Vee, you still have too much game for the tour. :)

#4,686 ·
I'm liking her groundstrokes and volleys a lot, just needs a bit more of consistency and that's pretty much it. Comparing Luxembourg with Miami, she looks fresher and ready to compete. At least we can all agree that Sjogren's is definitely "improving". Come on Vee, you still have too much game for the tour. :)
That is so true!! Come on Vee!! Even her Miami form was able to beat several higher ranked players :oh: .

#4,684 ·
Anyone noticed WTA new website :) I like all the improvements, but does anyone know why it now shows that Venus has won 24 000 000 in prize Money.... If I am not wrong it used to be around 27 mil,any idea on why they change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.