Articles and Interviews - Page 317 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 09:19 PM   #4741
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Piotr: "Caroline's not doing too badly"

This explains why Caro made so many errors against Bencic. But if a young player like Belinda could adjust, why couldn't a veteran like Caro?
Maybe Bencic has better technique than Caro, so she can adjust better.

Caro isn't that good at adapting to different conditions/circumstances on the court. She struggles with wind, for example, or an opponent who's changed their game plan during the match.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2015, 11:49 PM   #4742
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr View Post
"You shouldn't be too critical. She's still in the Top 10 in the Race,"
This! And 11-0 against players ranked outside the top 70
KleineBiere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 03:45 AM   #4743
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
Outside the top 70 isn't that high a standard for a top 10 player.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Mar 24th, 2015 at 04:28 AM.
Old Mar 24th, 2015, 03:58 AM   #4744
country flag Carofan
The Great Mrs Sunshine

Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of Carofan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
I have a perfect record against people who never played tennis before.
Carofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2015, 01:36 PM   #4745
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

'I grew up so much after Rory left': Wozniacki on the end of her relationship with McIlroy

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #4746
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Miami uses the same balls as IW!

markalannixon Mark Nixon
Piotr Wozniacki: "Tournament after tournament, they keep changing the balls." quoted by Thomas Idskov (cont)
Quote:
Piotr Wozniacki: "Tournament after tournament, they keep changing the balls." quoted by Thomas Idskov http://www.bt.dk/tennis/piotr-woznia...caroline-og-co.

"Their choice of balls is causing problems. Tournament after tournament, they change the ball brand. One week you play with the fast Wilson balls, the next it's the heavy Slazenger balls, and her in Miami they've gone over to the rock-hard Penn balls," he says on the phone from USA.

"It's not just too bad for the players. The crowd suffers too from a not so well-played match. The balls they're using in Indian Wells and Miami are so hard, the players players have trouble getting a proper feel for them."

On Wozniacki's match:

"All in all I think Caroline played well. She played a balanced match with aggressive shots.

"Now she plays Kaia Kanepi, who likes to hit hard. I think Caroline has a good chance of winning if she gets her counter-attacking game going."

On being the only coach:

"That's not going to change. Caroline is fine with me following her closely during tournaments."

Caroline Wozniacki will take a week's break from tournaments after Miami:

"We'll be in Monaco. First of all, there are good clay training facilities there, and there's not so far to the tournaments coming up."

She starts on clay in Montenegro:

"She'll play Fed Cup there with her comrades on the women's national team. It's a good warm-up before the French Open. In previous years she's played on clay in the US, but this year she's only playing Stuttgart, Madrid and Rome before Paris."

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2015, 01:58 AM   #4747
country flag Protoss

I thought Piotr wanted tournaments to use the same ball. I wonder if he's a fan of all the surfaces playing more like each other as well.

I don't care if they're using the same ball as Indian Wells. I think it amounts to an excuse for losing. Her opponents here in Miami and in Indian Wells use/used the same ball. Deal with it.

Playing a few opponents ranked well outside the top 100 is hardly a good warm-up for the French Open.

Last edited by Protoss : Mar 28th, 2015 at 02:18 AM.
Old Mar 28th, 2015, 12:28 PM   #4748
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I thought Piotr wanted tournaments to use the same ball. I wonder if he's a fan of all the surfaces playing more like each other as well.

I don't care if they're using the same ball as Indian Wells. I think it amounts to an excuse for losing. Her opponents here in Miami and in Indian Wells use/used the same ball. Deal with it.

Playing a few opponents ranked well outside the top 100 is hardly a good warm-up for the French Open.
Well I certainly want to hear what players and coaches think. And the last thing I want is for Piotr, Nadal or others not to speak what they believe because of being told they are making "excuses". Caro herself was very unhappy with her performance losing that match at IW - but in another interview, Piotr said she just couldn't get any feel with that ball. And I want to know what was the primary reason for her loss when everyone here was giving their own opinion as if fact.

Your point about surfaces is a good one. Players do need to be able to adapt. But in all sports - too much change and it's good to hear the opinions of those who are closely involved albeit they are always clouded when the opposition manages to deal with change better. However, if the quality of matches the crowd watched was poorer - he has a point. And he is not the only one to say it.

Put in less emotive language than using words like "excuses", it looks to me now that the primary reason Caro lost that match in IW was she just unable to adjust and get the feel of the balls as opposed to all the speculative ones like her playing at KL, wasn't trying, mental weakness etc. Having said that, both players played with the same balls and Caro was beaten by the better player on the day.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2015, 01:24 PM   #4749
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Fact of the matter is that so far in 2015 we haven't yet seen the Caro of the USO series, the USO or the YEC. I wonder why that is. It hasn't been bad, but it hasn't been amazing either.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote