» Simona's News/Articles/Interviews « - Page 152 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 25th, 2015, 02:04 PM   #2266
country flag carabajo

carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of
Re: » Simona's News/Articles/Interviews «

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Courtney has some making up to do after her crappy tweet about Top 45 wins.
I thought that tweet was odd because I think Courtney really likes Simona. I felt she was just stirring the pot. Even still, it didn't sit well with me.
Advertisement

Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:20 PM   #2267
country flag gewa76

gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of

http://espn.go.com/blog/peter-bodo/p...ts-of-february

This article by Bodo seems pretty condescending. For example:

"Simona Halep, who’s grown proficient at cleaning up at smaller events, bagged the most prestigious title on offer with a succession of quality wins in Dubai over Ekaterina Makarova, Caroline Wozniacki and, in the final, Karolina Pliskova."

"Even among mice, quality will tell."

Someone needs to remind Peter how many big titles Genie has won so far.
gewa76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:24 PM   #2268
country flag CVB

CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold

Does he dislike Simona?
And then they build monuments to you."

Nicholas Klein, trade unionist - 1918
CVB is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:28 PM   #2269
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gewa76 View Post
Someone needs to remind Peter how many titles Genie has won so far.
Corrected

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:30 PM   #2270
country flag gewa76

gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of gewa76 has much to be proud of

Dunno if he dislikes her. But the gist of the article is February is the month for the lesser players to shine. I know Serena and Maria didn't play Dubai, but I don't consider it a 'smaller event'. It's the biggest tournament between the AO and IW.
And Bodo is definitely a Genie fan. He claimed she had the greatest breakout season since Hingis. That's an absurd statement to make.

Last edited by gewa76 : Feb 25th, 2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:40 PM   #2271
country flag CVB

CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold CVB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Dunno if he dislikes her. But the gist of the article is February is the month for the lesser players to shine. I know Serena and Maria didn't play Dubai, but I don't consider it a 'smaller event'. It's the biggest tournament between the AO and IW.
And Bodo is definitely a Genie fan. He claimed she had the greatest breakout season since Hingis. That's an absurd statement to make.
I the article you posted he's absolutely condescending.
And a jerk. Especially when he says: "Simona Halep, who’s grown proficient at cleaning up at smaller events".

This shows again, unfortunately, that Simona will never be seen as a legitimate top player unless she'll win a slam. Even then, if it happens, it will be because Eugenie was hurt or that particular slam was not enough.
So, minimum two.
It's unfair because nobody seems to ask a slam from Caro, Aga or the likes.
And then they build monuments to you."

Nicholas Klein, trade unionist - 1918
CVB is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:45 PM   #2272
country flag SmilingKnight

SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold SmilingKnight is a splendid one to behold

Bodo is a Genie fanboy. I don't concern myself with his analyses. (and I'm no longer of the opinion that Genie has the game to trouble Simona - not unless she grows a lot - like a lot a lot)
SmilingKnight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:46 PM   #2273
country flag carabajo

carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of carabajo has much to be proud of

ESPN has really sorry tennis coverage. I think most TF posters could write better articles, which is really saying something.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:50 PM   #2274
country flag gewa76

Quote:
Quoting my own post, because I realized something. Officially, Simona had the greatest breakout season since Steffi Graf when she won her first 6 titles in 2013. But she didn't go deep in the slams til last year, and more importantly to ESPN, she's not tall and blonde.
And yes, it looks like the doubters are now gonna start calling Simona the Ferrer of the WTA. Racking up smaller titles, but not good enough to beat the top players. I hope she proves them wrong many times over.
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:58 PM   #2275
country flag Renegade65

Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute Renegade65 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quoting my own post, because I realized something. Officially, Simona had the greatest breakout season since Steffi Graf when she won her first 6 titles in 2013. But she didn't go deep in the slams til last year, and more importantly to ESPN, she's not tall and blonde.
And yes, it looks like the doubters are now gonna start calling Simona the Ferrer of the WTA. Racking up smaller titles, but not good enough to beat the top players. I hope she proves them wrong many times over.
I like the last part

Olaru | Muguruza | Bencic | Giorgi | Krunic | Cornet
Li Na
Justine
Renegade65 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #2276
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVB View Post
I the article you posted he's absolutely condescending.
And a jerk. Especially when he says: "Simona Halep, who’s grown proficient at cleaning up at smaller events".

This shows again, unfortunately, that Simona will never be seen as a legitimate top player unless she'll win a slam. Even then, if it happens, it will be because Eugenie was hurt or that particular slam was not enough.
So, minimum two.
It's unfair because nobody seems to ask a slam from Caro, Aga or the likes.
I think we don't need the legitimacy from anyone , As fans we want our favourite to do her best .. Haters and the blind fans of other players will never give Simona the credit she deserves .. And tbh the world is bigger than US , I think Simona is appreciated well in European Media . ِAnd in middle east also she got big praising in the media after Doha and Dubai wins ... She has fans here and many Americans and Asians loves her too .. I think that's enough .. Anyway I don't want a big noise around her , I don't want her to be Bouchard or Sharapova or something close

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #2277
country flag Bonk

Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future Bonk has a brilliant future

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi...stina-13885503

http://www.ziarulring.ro/stiri/sport...ORM-pentru-ea-
Bonk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #2278
country flag george2210

george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold

Who is Haradau? Tiriac's dog?
Old Today, 12:22 PM   #2279
country flag Not A Fan

Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of Not A Fan has much to be proud of

This guy is a tennis coach, not a writer, but still he comes up with something amusing and somewhat interesting:

http://www.tenistotal.org/dac-fi-simona/6883/

Quote:
Originally Posted by george2210 View Post
Who is Haradau? Tiriac's dog?
No, he's a person who has been in Tennis his whole life and knows more about this sport then probably all of us put together...