Tennis Forum banner

I always wondered ...

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  cowsonice 
#1 ·
I am sorry to distrub you guys but I wanted to create this new thread to makes ask questions about Maria more easily. I'll start

I always wondred what the Prince-Head switch have brought to Maria's game ? What would her career have been if she stuck to Prince ? I'd love to have your opinion guys !

#2 ·
As far as I'm aware HEAD rackets are lighter, so it probably gives her peace of mind where her shoulder is concerned. I also feel like her shots have had a lot more shape on them in the past year and a half. Whether that's more due to change in technique or to the racket switch (or a combination of both) I don't know.

#4 ·
yup, she doesn't overdo lasso follow-through on her FH as much as she did prior to this season...that's just one of those minor technical changes that I've noticed in her game recently, which allowed her to dominate points with her FH and become even better player.

#6 ·
Head racquets arent lighter or heavier, it depends which one u get they are different weights. Though i think the IG instinct which she uses is lighter than o3 white and o3 black :)

#7 ·
Maria doesn't use an Instinct. She uses a Youtek Radical MP (pro I think); she endorses the Instinct with her racket just painted to look like one.

As far as I know, Maria's Head racket is indeed heavier but is more flexible, so it eases the shoulder unlike Prince rackets which are known to be very stiff.

#9 ·
2010, she lost to Wozniack, and the last set was 6-4. 2011, she lost to Pennetta, in the third set 6-4.
So...one game in both years could have put her at 5-5, and she has a good record in those situations.

She might be better in close sets this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.