she's 16 and into her 1st WTA QF in her 1st WTA event @Tokyo Japan Open

beat Meghann Shaughnessy 75 76 in 1st :worship: :angel:
and today beat Akiko Morigami 63 76 :angel: :bounce:

now she plays Wimbledon champ, Maria Sharapova in QF
good luck Youlia ;)

Youlia was born in Novossibisk and stayed there until she was 8

go kiddo :kiss:

#236 ·
Youlia plays the qualies at Eastbourne. At least, she prepares her Wimbledon, I hope she won't go far because otherwise she would miss the Grand Slam. It would be quite embarrassing ...
She is against Naomi Cavaday who will have the crowd with her. I expect a loss.
Good luck still !

#239 ·
Well two good matches from Youlia ! I didn't expect a win over Cadavay, I am quite impressed ! Elena is too strong for her on grass, but Youlia showed some improvement.
Good luck for Wimbledon and try to qualify. I think she can do it !

#240 ·
(10)Youlia Anne Fedossova (FRA) vs Iroda Tulyagonova (UZB)
Hana Sromova (CZE) vs Kelly Liggan (IRL)
Alina Jidkova (RUS) vs Bettina Jozami (ARG)
(19)Laura Pous-Tio (ESP) vs Monique Adamczak (AUS)

Youlia got a clement draw in Wimbledon, she can win some matches there. She is not in a total loss of confidence and grass suits her game especially with her big serve, so this is the ideal moment to take a new momentum after this pretty dull season.
Allez :) .

#243 ·
Probably :sad: whereas when she feels confidence, she deserves to be in the top 50. That's why it is so heartbreaking. It's a real shame and I have no explanations to her mental fall down. She was in a similar position last year, so she doesn't have much points to defend during the summer.
She has to react.

#248 ·
Youlia is playing in Stockholm this week after a bad tournament in France.
She starts well with a 60 60 win to reach the second round of the Q draw.
Allez Youlia :D.

Youlia Fedossova def. Anja Poglajen
Aleksandra Srndovic Vs Malou Ejdesgaard
Xinyun Han def. Stamatia Fafaliou
Kateryna Polunina Vs Violette Huck

#255 ·
Can you believe it ? Youlia has finally secured her first top 50 victory since January !! :woohoo:

She defeated Kaia 76(10) 36 63 !! She was up with two breaks in the third set and tried to choke losing two games at 4/1, but she did it !

Bravo Youlia, what a relief for you ! She still has a chance to enter the top 100 this week, she will get closer for sure :D. She has improved her record this week to 19-21 :D. It would be awesome if she had a positive balance at the end of the week. She will play then Cohen-Aloro or Meusburger. Definitely winnable, allez !

#256 ·
The stats of the match :

- 2 aces for 4 DFs.
- first serve percentage : 61%.
- 72% of the points won after a first serve, 36% on second serve.
- 8 BPs saved out of 13, 5 BPs won out of 11.

Great win Youlia :yeah:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.