Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

272K views 5K replies 139 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 ·

Alexandra is a former Top 10 junior who's been left in the dust as her contemporaries, Victoria, Caroline, Aga and Agnes have made their names on the WTA tour.

Now, Alexandra seems to want to make her own noise. She just lost out on winning her 2nd (and by far biggest) title at the 75K hardcourt in Monzon. She is now within the Top 250 and warrants her own cheering thread! :bounce:

See less See more
#5 ·
Alexandra's results at Bari Challenger (IT):

QF 6-0 6-0 Kristina Mladenovic, France - 793 WTA
R16 6-0 6-0 Anna Floris, Italy - 225 WTA
R32 6-1 6-0 Anne Schaefer, Deutschland - 169 WTA
Q-R16 6-0 6-0 Anna Smith, UK - 382 WTA
Q-R32 6-1 6-1 Neda Kozic, Srbija - 489 WTA

:eek:

#8 ·
Commitments:
Week of May4th:
Estoril Q :eek:
Week of May 11th
Saint-Gaudens Alt #4

So she will try to continue her run on the WTA, hopefully she succeeds with it ;) Saint-Gaudens is in the week of Madrid and probably a lot of players between 100-200, who won't sneak into quallies, will be there to play it!

#17 ·
R2:
Larcher de Brito[2] d. Dulgheru 7-6[7] 4-6 7-5 in 3h41min :bigcry: :bigcry:

Judging by the SB Alex definetely won more points and had bps to come back once again.- She also served for set 1 :( I really think this will be tough one her confidence :scared:

Doubles R1:
Dulgheru/Silva vs Czink/Grandin

#19 ·
:bigcry: Heartbreaking loss.

But still nothing to worry about, Imo this won't hurt her confidence that bad.. It just shows that she can deliver a very close match at WTA level! And she had the whole crowd against her and that isn't easy. Too bad she couldn't convert the BPs in the last game.

:hug:

Come back strong next tournament :)

#20 ·
New fan of Alexandra... :) I simply love her intelligent game... And she seems really nice...

I saw all the match against Michelle and it was really well played... Big strokes from both, especially from Michelle but then Alexandra has an excellent capacity of putting the ball where she wants... I also saw her match against Jovanovic and, in that match, she was brilliant... But Jovanovic don't attack so much, letting Alex do her game very well... There is just one thing that I think that Dulgheru needs to improve... She made a lot of amorties to Michelle, some of them goods, but when she tried to do a amortie in a FH, it was completly predictable and the ball passed like 1m above the let :S About her serve, against Michelle, 1st it was really poor but then she started to serve better... In 2nd set especially, almost all her 1st serves were 150 km/h or above... :)

In the end of the match, Alex had really much fair-play and then, when she left the court, public gave a big applause to her... :)

#25 ·
They lost a close match in the QF! :(

50k Saint-Gaudens:
Zuzana ONDRASKOVA (CZE) (4) BYE
Aleksandra GRELA (POL) Vs Violette HUCK (FRA)

Gracia RADOVANOVIC (FRA) Vs Adeline GONCALVES (FRA)
Alexandra DULGHERU (ROU) (7) BYE

Good luck there, Alex! :yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.