160K views 3K replies 72 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Alexandra

Residence : Bucharest, Romania
Date of birth : 03/05/1990
Birthplace : Bucharest, Romania
Height : 1.66m
Weight : 46 kg
Plays : Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface : Clay
Win/Loss Record - Singles : 145 - 70
ITF Women's Circuit singles titles : 7
Career High Singles : 248 (December 20, 2010), current rank is 250

Personally

* Alexandra started playing tennis when she was 4 years old
* Her father, Alexandru, got her on the tennis court for first time
* Short right kick is her preffered shot
* She likes playing offensive on court
* As personal interests are swimming and listening to music

See less See more
#1,898 ·
WTA Oeiras - A. Cadantu vs. R. Vinci - 2-6, 6-4, 1-6

I don`t understand this girl.. She is so nervous when lost a point, if feels like she`s almost about to cry when losing a game, too mentally unstable. And the sad part is that she has a decent defensive/offensive game, she plays both parts pretty well and could definitely be a constant top 50 player considering I`ve seen some worst players up there.
Today, Roberta has shown her 2014 form and could be easily passed by. The same freaking slice, no aggressiveness no netplay, NOTHING. All she had to do is keep that ball in the game and let her miss the mark

PS. That towel thrown in the ball boy`s face after she lost her serve in the 3rd set :help:

#1,900 ·
I guess you summed this up nicely.

Alexandra honestly needs to relax out there. She is a total mess. It's easier said than done, but while Roberta looked like even a hurricane couldn't disroot her (in the truest sense of the word because she couldn't even be bothered to move her feet most of the time), Alexandra looks as if she is on speed. The antics, the DFs, the cramping at the end of the match...

Those DFs are purely mental. I don't know when she started with this, but there are serves where she is throwing the ball in front of her and not above her or waits for the ball to come down instead of taking it out of the air.

It's really painful to see her completely outplaying her opponent just to make it exciting again by DFing the crap out off the ball. That second set should have been a 20 minute bagel.

That said, I actually think she was the better player from the baseline today, but unfortunately serving is part of the game and there are players on the future circuit who can deal better with that under pressure than she does. Her baseline game is definitely Top 50, her forehand maybe even Top 30 on a good day in my opinion, otherwise she would have hever made a career on the WTA with such blatant weaknesses to her side.

#1,906 ·
So many gif-worthy moments.

That rally at 1:42:00. :worship:

Rewatching parts of it, I'm actually convinced to say that her ground game has improved tons from when I saw her the first time on the WTA. Her forehand DTL is a stunning shot, the rest of her game pretty much ok, movement decent, net game surprisingly solid (for WTA standards), nice reflexes and anticipation.

But her serve became a total mess and her game is moody and inconsistent because she is always playing with her emotions on her sleeves.

#1,904 ·
they always make me laugh with that :))

On a funny note : How it will be for a trainer to train your players that everytime when u need some luck u must touch the banner ? :))

#1,907 ·
(1)Garcia v (wc)Sorribes Tormo
(wc)Pous-Tio v (10)U.Radwanska

(2)Cepelova v Govortsova
(wc)Dulgheru v (15)Niculescu

(3)Giorgi v Kudryavtseva
Bencic v (11)Cadantu

(4)Puig v Cetkovska
Barthel v (9)Ormaechea

(5)King v Goerges
Piter v (13)Tomljanovic

(6)Ka.Pliskova v (wc)Saez Larra
Pereira v (16)Scheepers

(7)Shvedova v Duque-Marino
Kleybanova v (14)Mayr-Achleitner

(8)Vekic v Van Uytvanck
Mladenovic v (12)Razzano

Very tough. :sad:

#1,912 ·
I guess there is a correlation between her retirements and the rising amount of DFs that she has produced since the middle of last year.

I guess it was the same thigh injury that was already bothering her in Oreias this week. She could barely move and I have seen her with a taped thigh on a couple of occasions last year already.

Thinking back, I can remember that when Dulgheru's knee problems got serious, she as well was starting to DF like crazy. Playing a good serve is demanding for the whole body and not only for the shoulder area. Moreover, injuries are usually sucker of self-confidence and one of the reason the DFs seem to come up the tighter you get or the closer the score is. But maybe I'm just reading too much into it, looking for an explanation for something which can't be explained by logic.

#1,913 ·
Happy Birthday Alexandra!!

#1,915 ·
Happy Birthday Alexandra.

Show us some tennis in the future and pls stop those silly superstition stuff. ( seems to me that she is more concentrate to make her superstition rather than concentrate on her game )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.