Tennis Forum banner

Chiara and Chalena Scholl

22K views 167 replies 25 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
Chichi has been playing very well lately on the ITF circuit and I think she deserves a thread! :yeah:

#145 ·
Re: Chichi Scholl

Probably a smart move to stick to the clay. No reason to try Wimbledon qualliess if she has no grass court experience.

#150 ·

USOQ update:

RD. 1: Defeated Sandra Zaniewska, 76(8) 62.
RD. 2: Lost to Heidi El Tabakh, 62 61. :eek:

Oh well. I really do like her game. :)

#152 ·
#158 ·

Fell to Kathrin Woerle-Scheller in the first round of qualies at Stuttgart, bringing her to a 12-match losing streak :eek:

She better go back to Chi Chi, to start winning again :eek:

#163 ·
Ashworth Announces Signing of Chalena Scholl : http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.d...161&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

DURHAM, NC – Duke women’s tennis head coach Jamie Ashworth announced the signing of top-ranked recruit Chalena Scholl on Thursday, June 27 to the program for the 2013-14 season.

“We are extremely excited and fortunate to be adding Chalena to our program here at Duke,” Ashworth said. “It is not often where someone comes in with as much experience as she has and she will have a major impact in both our singles and doubles lineup. Her competitive nature and overall personality will be a great addition to Duke both on and off the tennis court. Together with Alyssa Smith we have put together what we think is an outstanding freshman class.”

A product of Pompano Beach, Fla., Scholl is currently rated as the No. 1 recruit according to Tennisrecruiting.net. This past May at a USTA Professional event in Raleigh, N.C., Scholl reached the finals before falling to Asia Muhammed, 6-2, 6-2.

Over the past year, Scholl has played well in a number of junior events, including reaching the singles semifinals at the Orange Bowl International Tennis Championship. In addition, Scholl advanced to the semifinals of the 2012 USTA Girls 18 National Championships in San Diego, Calif.

Scholl is the sister of professional tennis player Chiarra Scholl who currently plays on the WTA Tour and has won two singles and two doubles titles on the ITF Tour.

"I am excited to begin my journey at Duke this fall on the women's tennis team,” Scholl said. “Everyone made me feel right at home the first time I stepped on campus and I could not be joining a better, or more dedicated, team and coaching staff. Duke is also a beautiful school that offers the perfect combination of academics and athletics. I am looking forward to learning a great deal, both in the classroom and on the court."

Scholl will begin competing for the Blue Devils during the 2013-14 campaign.

-d-u-k-e-

#164 ·
Chiara won her first round at a 25 in Germany this week, but lost in the 2nd. Nice to get her first win of 2013 in singles and 2nd overall

#165 ·
Chiara lost her first round match at Bad Gastein to (1)Mona Barthel 6-0,6-0 :eek:

#166 ·
What happened to Chiara's game? How did she go from a Top 200 player with 25K and 50K titles in 2011, to going outside of the Top 500 the last two years, with an abominable losing record?

Injury? Something else?

#168 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.