S4 - 8: Roland Garros, Paris (GS)

6K views 85 replies 16 participants last post by  Koon 
#1 · (Edited)

Roland Garros, Paris​

Week 8 * Clay Grand Slam * Draw Size 32​

S1 Winner - Marion Bartoli
S2 Winner - Maria Sanchez Lorenzo
S3 Winner - Kim Clijsters​

Paris, FRA - Welcome to Paris! It's time for the second Grand Slam of the season, we've had three different winners in the warm-up events, so it's anybody's guess as to who will come out on top this week, good luck all!​

Draw Posted - Sunday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET​

Reminder - Please start sending Grass points :p

See less See more
#61 ·
Kirilenko tops Stosur, Flaviabot next

PARIS, FRA - Longtime ATC Fan Favorite and Top 10 Star Maria Kirilenko has stormed into her first ever Semifinal at Roland Garros with a convincing 7-6 7-6 win over Sam Stosur today.

The bulk of Kirilenko's success this season as come at the Australian's expense, as Kirilenko has dispatched the Australian in 5 of 8 events played this season and has not dropped a set to her.

While Kirilenko and Stosur are good friends off the court, surely the Australian is beginning to develop an inferiority complex of sorts. Along with losing 5 times this season to Kirilenko, the glamorous Russian beat out Stosur for a spot in the famed Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, while Stosur was selected as 6th alternate for a low profile "Splish Splash Divas" feature of National Geographic ( :sad: )

Vs.

"I wish Samantha and her life partner all the best", said Kirilenko.

Next up for Kirilenko is Flavia Pennetta, who quite frankly scares the bejesus out of Maria.

Pennetta is known to follow Kirilenko around the tour, showing up in the most random of times and places to get close to Maria. "It's so weird, I'm like.. why you so obsessed with me?"

INCIDENT ONE: "At Wimbledon last year, she was laughing to herself and watching my practice in the shadows. CREEP."

When I told her that rats weren't allowed on the lawns of Wimbledon, bitch got all up in my grill:

INCIDENT TWO: "This bitch came up in the mob of fans after my match in Cincinatti asking me for an autograph, asking me to personalize it to say "To my dear Kirinetta :confused: "

INCIDENT THREE: At Montreal last year, before playing my first match, this bitch randomly sits next to me! Here I'm thinking "Ummm when is this bitch EVER going to go away?" :help:

Maria's #1 fan will need all the luck she can get to stop the game's top diva from reaching her second career slam final.​

#66 ·
Semi-Finals​

Kirilenko(7) def. Pennetta(5)​
7-6(1) 6-4​

MK makes the RG final with 1 ace! :eek: :bowdown: And she hasn't even lost a set! Amazing, she played a terrific match and Flav struggled to keep up, Flava Flav :hug: Your surface is coming up next though ;)

#67 ·
Semi-Finals​

Clijsters(2) def. Kuznetsova​
7-6(6) 7-5​

Sveta had her chances in the first set, but once Kim edged she held on to make her third RG final in a row :worship: But can she beat the people's champ to win her second in a row?​

#71 ·
Final​

Kirilenko(7) v Clijsters(2)​

0-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-2
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-6
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
6-6*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
7-6(5)​

Kirilenko(7) leads Clijsters(2) 7-6(5)​

#73 · (Edited)
Final​

Kirilenko leads Clijsters 7-6(5)​

0-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
0-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-2
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-6
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-7​

Kirilenko(7) and Clijsters(2) are tied 7-6(5) 5-7​

#75 · (Edited)
Final​

Kirilenko and Clijsters are tied 7-6(5) 5-7​

0-0
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
0-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
2-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-1
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-2
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-5
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-6
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
5-7​

Clijsters(2) def. Kirilenko(7)​
6-7(5) 7-5 7-5​

Congrats on defending your title Kim! :worship: 2nd player in the game to win 2 Slams and first to defend one :yeah: MK :( The CT only prolonged the match, you had an amazing tournament and are only gonna get better :armed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.