Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennis Muttering Thread - vol2

286K views 5K replies 51 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
For all those JJ fans who'd like to discuss tennis related topics but to skip Seka, Tarja, Ceca, Brena, Karleusa, Ripanj... posts.

#4,358 ·
:eek:

Pathetic result :eek: We need Nadal and some new blood. Maybe Cilic finally will win something. Even Dimitrov wouldn't be bad :hysteric:

#4,368 ·
He's a mature player, this is his prime. He can't afford clowning around for 3 years before winning his second slam like Novak did. Novak was about to become something like Delpo now. Murray must step up. He's a better player than moyas, delpos, roddick of this world. Although DelPo might've been more talented. But who cares if Kvitova and Ivanovic are more talented than Vika. :lol:

#4,369 ·
I didn't realise it was that big of a gap for Novachocko to win second slam :lol: Indeed. Roddick should not even have that one slam :yawn: If Andy retires with only one, it will be a flop. But who am I kidding, it looked like he would never win one, so I should stop being selfish :lol:

Who will be the next "young one" to step up? Tomic has much better GS results than Dimitrov.

#4,370 ·
It will be Tomic and it will the death of tennis.

Lol, my bf yesterday said that Azarenka is the worst thing that happened to WTA after Hingis and Capriati. I should invite him here to troll. :sobbing:

#4,397 ·
It will be Tomic and it will the death of tennis.

Lol, my bf yesterday said that Azarenka is the worst thing that happened to WTA after Hingis and Capriati. I should invite him here to troll. :sobbing:
:rolls::inlove: He's totally right.

horrible stats... AO looked like MM quality wise. Vika won a slam by playing such average tennis.
Man, I'm still so disappointed and disgusted. I didn't even feel like coming here to bash La Ni's brain and Stupidrenka's luck. All my dislike of Azarenka aside, this has to be the most undeserved GS title in a long time. :vomit:
I'm so sad and disappointed for Na. :crying2::crying2::crying2::sad:
I overslept the epic Novak-Andy encounter, but it seems it was as anticlimactic as the women's final. I mean, their matches are always bad, but at least they're usually dramatic whereas this one indeed sounds like some MM event final neither was too keen on playing. :help:

Those who say that are clueless. :ras:

That girl is BEAUTIFUL! :eek: Should she become a top player, she should be able to make a lot of endorsement money thanks to her looks Anci/Sharapova-style.

#4,399 ·
What about Karolina? :unsure:
Well, obviously. Azarenka can at least play some decent tennis occasionally, and I don't think Cajka's BF hates Cap and Hingis for their tennis abilities. It's just that I can't get over how undeserved Azarenka's title is - I mean, whom she played before the final and how she played... :explode:

Who? Oh you mean the one that got aced by Radwanska 7 times; takes real talent :worship:
:hearts: But joking aside, I don't find their H2H strange at all. Agatha feeds on stupid. :oh:

#4,376 ·
Na's interview is so sad... she deserved to win so badly :sad: But she is so much mentally tougher now thanks to being possessed by the spirit of Juju Heng. Another slam win doesn't seem impossible anymore, unlike in 2011. Congrats to Vika, but I feel gutted for Li. That damn ankle :sad:

Reactions: Brena
#4,378 ·
Sloane looks fascinating. IMO, she is easily one of the most beautiful tennis players in the last ten years. Flawless skin, amazing smile, great body (except for that belly). Relly hot.

#4,380 ·
I love her smile and her eyes :hearts: but I also read opinions that she's not pretty at all :eek:

Artamonova :lol:
I've never heard of her. If she's losing to these kind of players.. the end is near I'm afraid :sad:

Thank god Brie ended career.

Her career is still better than Ula's though thanks to her AO '08 run :oh:
Of course it is :angel:

#4,388 ·
Actually I think the field is strong at the moment. There are just some players who have a bit lower tennis abilities than what the ranking says. And on the other hand we have bunch of players who are good, well-skilled and with a lot of potential but they are stupid with other, not-exactly-related-to-tennis things (like scheduling, making priorities, choosing right people to have around, focusing only on tennis, treating properly their injuries- I'm so tired of hearing about players who continue to play tournament with not healed injury, etc).

#4,392 ·
Omg I remember. She should already lose to Bratchikova there :eek: :tape:

Since the beginning of the last year her fitness problems started to come back. And later throughout the year it was so clear she was not prepared for the tournaments. I blame her coach for that.

#4,409 ·
@Brad: check GM for a new thread about Radwanska's father :oh:

Sent from my ST25i using VerticalSports.Com App

#4,412 ·
Barthel bageled Ula today :oh:

#4,423 ·
I couldn't believe it when he said she needed a shrink after that horrendous choke to Maria. I mean he was right, but you don't say that in the public domain :tape: He deserved to be dumped after that. However, even today I'm still disgusted by that choke from Aga. I was so pissed off watching that shit :eek:

#4,422 ·
Ana is one of the weirdest players. When she's playing bad and losing easily, she won't even try to calm down, take some extra time before the serve, take a toilet break between the sets, she just rushes and plays worse and worse. She could've avoided that double bagel if she was only willing to use a bit of gamesmanship.

#4,440 ·
Ana is one of the weirdest players. When she's playing bad and losing easily, she won't even try to calm down, take some extra time before the serve, take a toilet break between the sets, she just rushes and plays worse and worse. She could've avoided that double bagel if she was only willing to use a bit of gamesmanship.
Taunting the opponent with inyourface ajdefistpumps is her gamesmanship of choice, the problem is it doesn't work anymore, she needs a new one.

I love Sveta but it was so clear that she did it on purpose :lol: On the other hand doing that kind of thing against Wozniacki is not a huge crime for the game :oh:
Exactly. :oh:

True, and just because you take MTOs doesn't indicate whether you're classy or not. Federer doesn't take MTOs often and he is one of the biggest sore losers on tour :lol:
Yes.

Like him or not, I've never seen Federer doing anything to distract an opponent. But his statements and mind games... That's another story. :lol:
How about that heavy rain he insisted on complaining about in his match with Murray last year? PseudoFed still makes jokes about it. :lol:

#4,430 ·
He tried to distract Del Potro in the USO final. Not only complaining about challenges but that whole discussion with the umpire during the break was unacceptable. And I don't mean offending the umpire (for which he was fined later) but the fact he talked loudly about Del Potro with no respect. And it was the end of the set. Del Potro lost next game and it was a re-break as far as I remember.

#4,435 ·
But no-one throws bottles repeatedly. If I was the ballboy, I'd throw it back straight at him :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.