Donna and Felgate are no longer working together - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #16
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna and Felgate are no longer working together

At least he's not letting her be lazy, today she's scheduled for 90 minutes of practice with Aga Radwanska immediately followed by another 45 minutes with her coach.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 6th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #17
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
At least he's not letting her be lazy, today she's scheduled for 90 minutes of practice with Aga Radwanska immediately followed by another 45 minutes with her coach.
KatjaS obviously knows the people who know the people...
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #18
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

You can find schedule of practice on Rogers Cup website.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #19
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
You can find schedule of practice on Rogers Cup website.
Thanks, never would've thought of that.
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #20
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think a big shot coach is good for Donna. Someone disciplined and hard line will get the most out of her. She seems to pampered.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #21
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I don't think a big shot coach is good for Donna. Someone disciplined and hard line will get the most out of her. She seems to pampered.
A big shot coach is exactly what she needs, cause someone like that can afford to tell her the things that need to be said without the fear of losing a paycheck. Case in point Felgate, told her a few harsh things without blinking an eye, in front of thousands of people, because he can do that given his coaching resume and the money he's earned.

Some low-profile coach that needs a job would probably be more careful about how he handles situations. Take for instance Ana K.'s coach - he doesn't have a resume to speak of and he is super sweet and gentle when talking to her, practically begging her to do the things he has in mind. The guy is aware that the player is the one providing him with a pay so he doesn't want to push things too far. After all, she can replace him if she doesn't like him, just like Donna did with Felgate.

So that's the bottom line, no matter how "hard line" someone is, player still gets the final word.
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 09:28 AM   #22
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
A big shot coach is exactly what she needs, cause someone like that can afford to tell her the things that need to be said without the fear of losing a paycheck. Case in point Felgate, told her a few harsh things without blinking an eye, in front of thousands of people, because he can do that given his coaching resume and the money he's earned.

Some low-profile coach that needs a job would probably be more careful about how he handles situations. Take for instance Ana K.'s coach - he doesn't have a resume to speak of and he is super sweet and gentle when talking to her, practically begging her to do the things he has in mind. The guy is aware that the player is the one providing him with a pay so he doesn't want to push things too far. After all, she can replace him if she doesn't like him, just like Donna did with Felgate.

So that's the bottom line, no matter how "hard line" someone is, player still gets the final word.
If she is so ignorant that she will fire a coach because he said things she doesn't like and he doesn't have a "resume", she will never make it.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 09:50 AM   #23
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If she is so ignorant that she will fire a coach because he said things she doesn't like and he doesn't have a "resume", she will never make it.
You're missing the point on the bolded part - no one ever said she wouldn't work with a coach that has no big names to speak of from his coaching past, she's working with one such coach right now.
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #24
country flag chicharito

chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light chicharito is a glorious beacon of light

From Donna's email newsletter:

"After 6 years working together with David Felgate, we have parted company. We have no words to say how thankful we are for all of his work, passion and achievements with me, but we have decided to go separate ways. August 2nd 2014"
chicharito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #25
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow. I totally missed this. I'm kinda shocked, even though it's not really surprising. But I thought she'd wait by the end of the year or so before making such a big decision.

I don't really know what to think about this. Maybe it was needed indeed, but otoh Felgate was a such golden coach - will she manage to get an equally relevant one now?

Quote:
I said that because they are BFF's and Ana can't last a year with a same coach. That's actually her main problem. She would be top 5 with some consistency in coaching.
The comparison is totes irrelevant imo. I mean, Donna's been working with Felgate for 6 years, being only 18 yo - that's 1/3 of her life basically.

Quote:
Where will she train now?
Even more important for Donna, how will she hang with @charlifa now if she's no longer in London? Laura Robson's is so gonna steal her BFF
Problems in DonnaParadise
#1stworldproblems
Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote