Tennis Forum banner

Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread

51K views 869 replies 33 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
Yulia Beygelzimer is very talanted Ukarainean player who is ukrainean doubles leader.

Residence Donetsk, Ukraine
Date of Birth October 20, 1983
Birthplace Donetsk, Ukraine
Height 5' 8 1/2'' (1.74 m)
Weight 132 1/2 lbs. (60 kg)
Plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Status Pro (June 12, 2001)
Career-high singles 104
Career high doubles 57

Best results
* Minsk $25k 05 * Biella $50k 05 * Orange $50k 04
SF Denain $75k 03 F Cagnes-S-M $75k 03 * Szczecin $50k 02
* Amiens $10k 02 * Lecce $10k 02 * Sezze $10k 01​

See less See more
Reactions: Bette_Midler
#182 ·
Really interesting Jason, thank you.
A French lady Celine Aubry used to run a web-site for Yuliya and got to know Yuliya, - Celine said Yuliya has struggled with her motivation on and off during her career and has lacked 'killer instinct', main theory for this being that Yuliya is a kind, polite, charming girl and somehow this has translated into her tennis. Of course you can have these qualites and still be a 'killer' on court , but not in Yuliya's case. As for her game I agree with you Jason,- on clay in particular she is very strong. I really hope this week will boost her. It should!

#183 ·
Yeh, if she has struggled with her motivation on an ongoing basis, that would definitely explain why she hasn't made more of an impact. That said, it's good that she's been able to hang in there and make something of her talent. Hopefully Barcelona does give her a bit of a boost. :)

Now that I've seen her play and am familiar with who she is, it got me thinking about where I might have seen her name before. Antalya? :scratch: And, sure enough, the site that streams some of those clay-court tourneys has got archived videos of two of her matches. So for those of you that might have missed them, here you go:

http://www.tenistv.tv/index.php?eylem=izle&id=440

http://www.tenistv.tv/index.php?eylem=izle&id=451

#194 ·
When I initially read this, I thought why would Yuliya not capitalise on her good form? However you may be right, Yuliya
withdrew from Chiasso thursday which starts next week, and she has also withdrawn from Cagnes sur mer the next week.
Not listed now until May 14, ITF's in Prague and St Gaudens....hope she is not injured again? Mystifying.....

#206 ·
Yuliya won her first match at Roland Garros, vs Piquion of France 62 62. Defended her 40 points from last year. Hopefully will go further! Last time Yuliya played Piquion she lost in Zagreb ( May 11) in the semi final of a 50k 62 57 26.... So this is a big improvement . Good luck tomorrow :bounce:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.