Tennis Forum banner

Yulia Beygelzimer cheering thread

51K views 869 replies 33 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
Yulia Beygelzimer is very talanted Ukarainean player who is ukrainean doubles leader.

Residence Donetsk, Ukraine
Date of Birth October 20, 1983
Birthplace Donetsk, Ukraine
Height 5' 8 1/2'' (1.74 m)
Weight 132 1/2 lbs. (60 kg)
Plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Status Pro (June 12, 2001)
Career-high singles 104
Career high doubles 57

Best results
* Minsk $25k 05 * Biella $50k 05 * Orange $50k 04
SF Denain $75k 03 F Cagnes-S-M $75k 03 * Szczecin $50k 02
* Amiens $10k 02 * Lecce $10k 02 * Sezze $10k 01​

See less See more
Reactions: Bette_Midler
#422 ·
Yuliya has made the QD for the WTA Premier event in Eastbourne....plays Majeric of Slovenia R1.

Yuliya number 62 on the Wimbledon doubles entry list with Panova...there is a qualifying competition at Roehampton which I hope she will make along with Wimbledon qualifying singles.

Last year Yuliya qualified for the MD in Eastbourne, winning three matches including Bouchard, so missed Wimbledon.....I am hoping we see her at Roehampton for the qualies this year....

#425 ·
Been busy weeks for me, hadn't much time to get online to follow Yuliya's results but the Talisman is back :) Good luck Yuliya.. Make the best out of it... And David have fun! I will be going to the topshelf open in Rosmalen.. No Yuliya there but i'll be enjoying..

#427 ·
I saw the match, Francesca deserved to win, but it was a good match on a pretty full centre court.
Just over 75m, and after a nervy start Yuliya played really well from 03.....her ground strokes are great, she hit a lot of winners from way back in the court...her serve was on average 10mph slower than Francesca, which doesn't help. There was a key point when Yuliya led 32 second set 0-30 on Francesca's serve, flicked a brilliant lob over FS's head only to miss by an inch a chance to go three break points up. At that point she was hitting harder and deeper and had FS on the run a bit....Francesca was more consistent though.
I saw Yuliya afterwards, she looked very relaxed.
I am glad this year she has a chance to have a run at Roehampton....she will be seeded with Panova in the QD doubles too. Here's hoping for a good draw in both events - I will be there tomorrow:) hope she qualifies x2 !

#430 ·
I am here in Roehampton just before 11am....

In the lounge with the players waiting to start. Yuliya is here with her Dad, looking very relaxed. She seems very nice, very smiley... They are having a quiet chat together.

I saw her warm up with Alla Kudryavtseva....hitting well.

Hoping for a win, a sunny day here, windy but ok.

Good luck Yuliya.....will try and will her through !!:)

#432 ·
Yuliya won!

36 63 62

The key swing was at 33 in the second set. Yuliya had led 31 , VG had come back to 33 and had a game point on her serve. She served well but Yuliya made a wonderful return and winner, then broke...

Even though it was still hard fought, they played 2.30 hrs, Yuliya won 9/11 remaining games.

She is very mentally tough, she saved numerous break points ( 5 I think ) at 11 fs, this was after being 01 0-40 down.

She really fights and played better and better.

I congratulated both Yuliya and her Dad after the match - they are nice, good people :)

#436 ·
:)

It is a great atmosphere at the Roehampton courts, all the courts close together. Loads of fans, can mingle with the players, coaches. The ability to be so close to the court gives you a real sense of how high the standards are and how fit and committed you have to be to succeed.

Good luck Yuliya today :)

#438 ·
I was watching again. Alla deserved to win, more aggressive and served much better. Apart from a service game at 42 second set when Yuliya hit three brilliant serves, Yuliya really struggled on serve, low 1st serve %, which put her under pressure...

Yuliya kept fighting, saved a match point but it was Alla's day...

Will see YB again later in R1Q doubles. Playing with Jan, against British wild cards. They are number 2 seeds.....

#441 ·
It was a toughie, they lost 26 46....had plenty of BP chances latter part of first set and led 41* second set.
Gajdasova and Ar.Rodionova have been winning titles all over the place, so tough for a new combination....as soon as I saw the draw.....hard luck on Yuliya and Klaudia....so near...yet so far.....

Singles - 13 points from Eastbourne and 20 from Wimbledon means Yuliya s +13 for the grass court season....will be around 160.....

100K in France next, onwards and upwards :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.