Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

346K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that we can avoid cluttering the main tennis threads,you can all ponder the intellectual capacity of the genius who thought it was a 'bombshell' that Clijsters wanted to have more children: "REALLY?:crazy:I thought Kim HATED kids.Why didn't anyone tell me otherwise?:silly:..."

#3,023 ·
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Your post about female farting and the facepalm just made for a good laugh for some reason. That reason being...well I don't know. Maybe it was the thought of you thinking of the farting, and DIAH actually being surprised/pissed about some random thing coming from you of all people, that did it.

#3,024 ·
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Your post about female farting and the facepalm just made for a good laugh for some reason. That reason being...well I don't know. Maybe it was the thought of you thinking of the farting, and DIAH actually being surprised/pissed about some random thing coming from you of all people, that did it.
In this case,we could compare DIAH to an incontinent senior citizen who forgot his adult diapers: It's his own fault for not being prepared for the "outburst";)

#3,028 ·

It's all in good fun. Of course we have come to expect...interesting...posts from Bruce. For whatever reason his talk about farts just struck me as singularly bruce-ish and worthy of a facepalm.

It seems like it has been an especially lengthy offseason. I am definitely ready to talk about tennis again!

#3,029 ·

It's all in good fun. Of course we have come to expect...interesting...posts from Bruce. For whatever reason his talk about farts just struck me as singularly bruce-ish and worthy of a facepalm.

It seems like it has been an especially lengthy offseason. I am definitely ready to talk about tennis again!
Every now and then, it takes a facepalm or three to make you realise how lucky you are... ;)

#3,030 ·

Order of the British Empire
Members of the Order of the British Empire:

Rory MCILROY. Golfer. For services to Sport.

They will give it to anyone these days. :lol:

#3,032 ·

Order of the British Empire
Members of the Order of the British Empire:

Rory MCILROY. Golfer. For services to Sport.

They will give it to anyone these days. :lol:
Shall I assume that Rory is from Ulster??It's hard for me to consider queen-saluting Ulster boys TRUE Irishmen...just like we have a different word for pseudo-Mexicans who live in the U.S.,celebrate the 4th of July...and pretend that they don't know a word of Spanish when you cross the border and greet them.....Of course,they can jog their memories and recall a few Spanish words if you hold a gun to their heads:devil:

....Anyway,I posted an off-topic question on Page 4,post #58 of the Caroline's Petroleum Tank thread,and off-topic answers would be welcome either there or here

#3,034 ·

I went to the bank a bit ago and as I got home the radio was playing "Walking on Sunshine". :)

#3,037 ·
Reactions: postalblowfish
#3,036 ·

Happy New Year everybody!! :)

#3,039 ·

I saw Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows yesterday. I thought it was a pretty good movie, probably not as good as the 1st one though.

#3,040 ·

I managed 88 but missed a couple of large russian ones due to the spelling they used (Yekaterinburg instead of Ekaterinburg)... It really helps if you use the English spellings of cities too (mostly), which i suspect most here don't. How many got Istanbul?

#3,041 ·

I managed 88 but missed a couple of large russian ones due to the spelling they used (Yekaterinburg instead of Ekaterinburg)... It really helps if you use the English spellings of cities too (mostly), which i suspect most here don't. How many got Istanbul?
I think I did.

Was sorta surprised Huddersfield and Reading were on the list though.

#3,056 ·

Kickers <shakes head>

Another bowl game decided by a choking kicker tonight.

#3,058 ·

Sometimes it seems that Caro would be criticized heavily in General Messages even if she somehow brought about world peace. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Bonfire
#3,059 ·

Sometimes it seems that Caro would be criticized heavily in General Messages even if she somehow brought about world peace. :rolleyes:
Her efforts to that end are already heavily criticised by many in GM...

#3,061 ·

'Ello mates!! I wish to say I was in Melbourne but alas I am here in crappy Ohio with the cold bellowing down on us as though God himself hated this place as much as I do...a bit dramatic way to start but couldn't help myself :lol:

So to update real quick, yeah I know terrible I haven't been here in so long but now I'm back and I will finally be able to do some serious posting with tennis coming back to full gear. I was going over my record for the year, still have two matches left but anyway, it's 25-2, woohoo!! Not bad at all, heck, that's down right awesome :lol: USTA officially starts next weekend, so it's going to be hectic once it does - can't wait though. The tennis drought is killing me. But, that's not all. Last Tuesday I came down with the worst case of the flu I've ever had. Fever was up to 102 (that's F) and would not go down. I didn't eat and it was hard to drink anything. So I'm finally just now getting back on solid foods and on my food schedule. Today was my first day back since getting sick (tennis-wise) and it wasn't bad at all. It felt weird though, haha. Now I feel a lot better and going back tomorrow and Friday. I've got a match Saturday and we we're playing against our big enemies so I'm taking them out in style :p

Alright, I have to say, the highlight of 2012 was Caroline acing Mardy - hands down, the best moment thus far :lol: :lol:

I hope you guys enjoyed the holidays! I know I did, even through sickness :lol: :D I just can't wait for the Ozzie open so start!! There is going to be some sick tennis this year -- I can feel it in my toes!!!

#3,064 ·

Oh yeah, not sure if you guys gave your opinion about the comment Serena made about her no love for tennis. That is the biggest croc I've read. She really knows how to lay it on thick. Let me tell you, with nothing but honesty, that it is impossible to become as good as Serena and not love the sport. Impossible. To vouch, you see kids thrown into a sport they may have liked but with pressure they grow to distaste it. Normal. You play a sport, without pressure, on your own but grow to feel like you don't like it. Ok, normal. You win grand slams, tournaments big and small. Change the game from one century to another. Beat the number ones to become one yourself. Hold up women's tennis for years, centuries. And you HATE the sport. Bullocks. Total bullocks. I'm sure you've noticed my distaste for her, but can't help it :lol: She rubs me the wrong way. Her sister is fine...it's the young brat that I don't like.

Another reason why she should love it, the money man!!! THE MONEY!! She could retire now, buy an island, and live there for the rest of her life....guess that's just my dream.

#3,065 ·

Oh yeah, not sure if you guys gave your opinion about the comment Serena made about her no love for tennis. That is the biggest croc I've read. She really knows how to lay it on thick. Let me tell you, with nothing but honesty, that it is impossible to become as good as Serena and not love the sport. Impossible. To vouch, you see kids thrown into a sport they may have liked but with pressure they grow to distaste it. Normal. You play a sport, without pressure, on your own but grow to feel like you don't like it. Ok, normal. You win grand slams, tournaments big and small. Change the game from one century to another. Beat the number ones to become one yourself. Hold up women's tennis for years, centuries. And you HATE the sport. Bullocks. Total bullocks. I'm sure you've noticed my distaste for her, but can't help it :lol: She rubs me the wrong way. Her sister is fine...it's the young brat that I don't like.

Another reason why she should love it, the money man!!! THE MONEY!! She could retire now, buy an island, and live there for the rest of her life....guess that's just my dream.
I think she likes being a celebrity. And doing great in tennis is her way of being one.

#3,067 ·

If she enjoyed competing she wouldn't skip events...

She doesn't like tennis, it's something that she was made to do by her parents. I think she somehow thinks she is bigger than the sport.

I think she should just hang up her racket and go to do some trash reality TV,LOL.

#3,068 ·

If she enjoyed competing she wouldn't skip events...

She doesn't like tennis, it's something that she was made to do by her parents. I think she somehow thinks she is bigger than the sport.

I think she should just hang up her racket and go to do some trash reality TV,LOL.
She has to like it to some degree. Otherwise she couldn't have achieved what she has. I can easily imagine her sticking around for another three or four years and being a big player. I don't mind her personality and the occasonal controversy doesn't bother me. I do agree however that her 'part-time player" attitude is not good for the game. If all of the big players would do that it would be the end of the tour.

#3,069 ·

Sorta seems to be the attitude of a fair amount of tennis 'fans' though. Only events that matter are major tournaments.

I think the celebrity lifestyle's become so deeply linked with the concept of the professional athlete so much now that the issue isn't how many matches you win, but that you appear to win the 'correct' matches and 'correctly' disregard other tournaments which, now you are a 'celebrity', are too much for you to lower yourself to the level of playing in.

#3,070 ·

Sorta seems to be the attitude of a fair amount of tennis 'fans' though. Only events that matter are major tournaments.

I think the celebrity lifestyle's become so deeply linked with the concept of the professional athlete so much now that the issue isn't how many matches you win, but that you appear to win the 'correct' matches and 'correctly' disregard other tournaments which, now you are a 'celebrity', are too much for you to lower yourself to the level of playing in.
Don't have anything worthwhile to add to this,but I couldn't help commenting on your highlighted quote....Just in case you were wondering,I have yet to experience an orgasm over the martian's absence--nor do I expect one to be forthcoming:p

#3,076 ·

Aye.

I thought it was quite amusingly worded in a sort of left-field way.
Never felt any strong antipathy towards the martian;the most notable reaction was amusement at the highly unrefined posting style.Let's face it: T!!here's b!ee!!!n a !!se!!!ve!r!!!e sh!!!!!!or!!t!a!g!!!e!!!!!! o!!!!!!f ex!!!c!l!ama!!!!ti!!!!!!!o!n poi!!!n!t!!!!!!s l!at!!!!e!l!!y!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.