Tennis Forum banner

Unpopular Opinions

24K views 204 replies 119 participants last post by  Perun 
#1 ·
I've seen this in other forums, so i'd thought i'd start one here. This is a chance to share any opinions you have, that may be unpopular.Can be anything related to Womens tennis

#163 ·
I don't understand why is gender an issue here, but I agree in general. The popular opinion is that all one handed bhs are elegant and beautiful, but for me Graf's bh was not aesthetically pleasing at all. Her fh OTOH... :drool:

#169 ·
I have one.
Niculescu, as much as I dislike her, doesn't deserve the mockery and hate she gets here. What's more, her matches are often really interesting to watch. Actually, it's Niculescu who mocks tennis, showing that elitist, text-book concept of the game is only an option. She proves that tennis is much more than this and that you can make your way up ignoring the dominant trends. It really can be interesting to watch how she dismantles the game of the players, she should be humiliated by on paper. If someone deserves to be laughed at, it's them not her. Of course, she won't be anything very big, but hell, she exceeded hater's expectations by miles. For that, I give her credit.

#170 ·
losing in first round of GS to nobody is 500 times worse than losing 6-0 6-0 in the Final..... in the first case your achievement is worse than 64 players have on the tournament, in the second case only the winner is better than you.

#171 ·
You mean the winner has better result... or the winner is really better than you? I think the former is always the true while the letter not in every case.

#173 ·
You mean the winner has better result... or the winner is really better than you?
better result or better than you on this particular tournament , both statements are right

#178 ·
Both are losing though.
one is just a total loser , the other won 6 matches (including SF vs top4 player) and lost only to the winner..... the difference is the same as between finalist of UEFA EURO 2012 and any team which finished its participation on a group stage with 0 wins

#179 ·
1. Serena is overrated as hell and so is Venus.

2. Same for Graf.

3. Martina HIngis is extremely underrated. (OMG she is prolly inferior to absolute peak Serena; newsflash: so are most people. :rolleyes: Venus even at her peak would struggle to beat her as shown in USO 99/00, WMB 00 and helpless when she is off her game (AO 01)

4. Martina Navratilova should be undisputed GOAT.

#185 ·
People who discuss court speed issues tend to go into analytical overdrive that quickly degenerates into pointless, hair-splitting discussions that give way too much weight to insignificant factors such as altitude of the venue, atmospheric conditions, time of day, wear and tear of the court surface after a week of play... Conditions (humidity etc.), if extreme, have an impact on the way (red) clay courts play, and that's pretty much it. And there's Bogotá. Everything else isn't really relevant; the court surface is either quick or slow and that's that.

#186 ·
Venus, even at her peak, has never been better than Serena.

Maria Sharapova is only seen as overrated by some b/c of the way she was hypes after winning Wimbledon in 2004. As far as talent and ability goes, I feel she has lived up to her talent level. Perhaps she could do better if her nerves weren't so shot sometimes, but that's a big if....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.