Is the word 'dyke' exclusively homophobic? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:14 AM   #1
country flag outlier

outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of outlier has much to be proud of
Is the word 'dyke' exclusively homophobic?

I called Krunic a dyke. Contextually, I was referring to her manly, on-court behavior. Therefore, I see no problem with the usage. Yet, a mod deleted my comment and send me a warning. It goes

Quote:
Using homophobic language like "dyke" is against TF rules.
Speculating about a player's private life for any reason is against GM rules.

Do moderators send warnings to people, who use words such as 'straight' or 'hetero', i.e., heterophobic labels? I guess there's no need to mention that every fifth post on GM is a speculation about players.

(inb4: lesbian stereotyping)

Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:23 AM   #2
country flag ranfurly

ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute ranfurly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the word 'dyke' exclusively homophobic?

Well...

Unless you are somehow referring to her that she's a trench to regulate water levels, which I highly doubt you were, then yeah, you should think before you type.
ranfurly is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 10:23 AM   #3
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is the word 'dyke' exclusively homophobic?

Welcome to the civilised word.

In the civilised world it is in fact offensive to label a woman a dyke based on what you perceive as "manly" behaviour.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread