Tennis Forum banner

Whose peak is better?

Peak Wozniacki v. Peak Zvonereva

7K views 70 replies 49 participants last post by  CloudAtlas 
#1 ·
Why not get in on the "peak" action? :p

These two's games get the least respect on these boards, so this ought to be good.

#11 ·
You mean who sucks more? :oh:

Seriously, I vote Zvonie. :hearts:

#14 ·
Bepa wins this one.

What about Doha final?, what Vera brought up on court back then was one of the highest-quality tennis match I've ever seen.
Caro was playing well and having finished the 2010 as the YE #1 she had that confidence in her game, but still she got dismissed by Bepa in straights.

#17 ·
Oddly, I prefer Wozniacka's game, because at least she brought something new to the table. Vera just screams poor man's Clijsters. I have an idea of how Peakniacki might play, but the fact that I can't think of how Peak Vera would differ much from Regular Vera says a lot.

I would say Peak LaBorz. She had more potential anyway, even though Vera was not a good match-up.

#28 ·
Peak Vera had more or less her nerves under control (in comparison to Regular vera)and that changed a lot of things cause she was able to exploit all of her qualities.
Also, I fail to see how Woz's game was particularly new and how she had more potential.Mentally she is miles ahead but game wise she's firmly behind Vera imo.

#18 ·
Zvonareva. She was more passive than I would have liked in a lot of 2011 matches (despite it being her best season), but overall she has more firepower than Woz, more variety, moves just as well, and has a just as good (if not better) serve. Woz was tougher mentally, and it was all about whether Vera could keep it together.

#19 ·
Zvonareva. She was more passive than I would have liked in a lot of 2011 matches (despite it being her best season), but overall she has more firepower than Woz, more variety, moves just as well, and has a just as good (if not better) serve. Woz was tougher mentally, and it was all about whether Vera could keep it together.
In a Peak-vs-Peak situation, I think only one of those is true and I might even put an asterisk on that.
Even usually, I think only two of them are true.

#23 ·
Without Sergey: Wozniacki 6-4 7-5
With Sergey: Bepa 4-6 7-6 7-6

#25 ·
LMAO, Vera is a much more talented player than useless Moonballniacki...she has a nice all-arround game to watch too. There is nothing memorable about Moonballniacki's dull grinding though. Peak Vera blows pusher off the court every single time:cheer:

#29 ·
Vera. Her ball has more punch to it. Which always knocks Woz out. It's clear. Woz's "peak" is amazing Defense. That defense always has and always will be trumped with minor ease by someone with more punch a bigger game and better weapons. As much of a punch Vera doesn't have against the other players it exist against Woz. CW has no big weapon. Vera in two 63 62

#30 ·
Caro was never at her peak during their USO match. She had played something like five consecutive weeks of tennis at that point, and was clearly over tennis'd by that point. IMO, the Beijing final they played was both their peaks or close. And Wozniacki won that. Still, I think it'd be a close match.

#34 ·
The truth is peak for peak Wozniacki loses to all top 20 talent in the world, because of the way she plays tennis. For her qualities to shine through you´d have to take an average of 10 matches, and say how many times will her game come through against a Zvonareva, Schiavone, Pennetta, Kuznetsova or Hantuchova. Peak for Peak she gets beaten by all of them, but she´ll beat Hantuchova 8-9 out of 10 times, because Wozniacki´s average performance is much higher than Hantuchova´s average tennis. But on her best day (French Open) Hantuchova will murder Wozniacki.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.