Your tennis results?! - Page 149 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 8th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #2221
country flag Domo19

Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold Domo19 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Your tennis results?!

Now I will live in Germany (HH) anyone know is there any tennis league or sth like it ???
Domo19 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2015, 06:45 PM   #2222
country flag Spencer.
Mia San Arsenal

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Won my match today 63 64.

Positives:

1) Mentality- I am soooooo angry on court sometimes. Not today. Besides a little frustration at the start of set 2, it was literally 100% better than what it usually is. I stopped focusing on the situation (losing a lead, double faulting, missing a sitter, etc) and focused on... staying focused I didn't rush, I told myself to focus on the first serve, and focused on what my mistakes in previous points were, and how to implement a gameplan to correct them.;

2) Fight- I had 5-3 40-0 on serve in set 1. Next thing I know, all 3 are gone, and I'm facing BP. Told myself to still go for my shots, hit through my BH, and give myself a little more margin of error when in tight spots. I saved 2-3 BPs, and finished it off. Would never have happened in previous weeks, when I would get so mad

3) First Serve- Won some nice free points today because of a well placed serve. Especially in set 1. Even hit an ace

Negatives:

1) Racket Head Acceleration- I catch myself trying to be too tame. I'm still working on the "trying not to miss" mentality, and still playing aggressive, but with control, and not erratic wild swinging shots. Sometimes I focus too much on trying not to miss. Some easy BHs missed because of this, some FH returns into the net or 10 feet out, but I corrected a lot of it at the end of set 2.

2) Second Serve- Still sucks But hey, it's one of my bigger weaknesses and he didn't expose me with it, so not much I could say about it today It still needs to improve though. Only 1 DF (serving for the match was when it happened of course ) which is nice.

Was down 0-1*, then got back to 2-1* and then broke and got 4-1* and we held until I won it 6-3. Second set he started at 1-0* and I missed some GPs and was down *0-3. Got it back to *2-3, but he broke again. He started getting flustered and went on a few mental walkabouts and was able to go from 2-4* to 6-4. Happy with today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
Wozniacki has magnificent shotmaking if you ask me, but it's not the power kind of one. She has to rely on all court tactics to make effective her sweet topspin mix, while still able to hit pretty decent winners when she feels them, especially with the backhand. Despite not making many winners, she's still an agressive baseliner, and she doesn't only win matches by waiting the opponent's mistake, though she can do that at times also.
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2015, 09:18 PM   #2223
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't played an actual singles match in a couple months I play mixed doubles at my school so it can get quite frustrating. The whole reason I started tennis was because it was an individual sport.

Also singles greatly helps me improve my game, as my weaknesses and strengths are much more easily exposed. I am the type of player who runs down a lot of balls, and uses placement and angles, without real finishing power or many winners. Lately though I have been hitting the ball quite well in matches and not chipping and slicing away because I am really nervous.

I also used to just tap my second serve over, however, now I have way more slice on it, and it is a lot more powerful. (Even hit a couple second serve winners/aces) I double fault a lot more often, but I know that they are "better" doubles than previously, and eventually my game will quick.

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin and Lauren Davis
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote