Won my match today 63 64.
1) Mentality- I am soooooo angry on court sometimes. Not today. Besides a little frustration at the start of set 2, it was literally 100% better than what it usually is. I stopped focusing on the situation (losing a lead, double faulting, missing a sitter, etc) and focused on... staying focused
I didn't rush, I told myself to focus on the first serve, and focused on what my mistakes in previous points were, and how to implement a gameplan to correct them.;
2) Fight- I had 5-3 40-0 on serve in set 1. Next thing I know, all 3 are gone, and I'm facing BP. Told myself to still go for my shots, hit through my BH, and give myself a little more margin of error when in tight spots. I saved 2-3 BPs, and finished it off. Would never have happened in previous weeks, when I would get so mad
3) First Serve- Won some nice free points today because of a well placed serve. Especially in set 1. Even hit an ace
1) Racket Head Acceleration- I catch myself trying to be too tame. I'm still working on the "trying not to miss" mentality, and still playing aggressive, but with control, and not erratic wild swinging shots. Sometimes I focus too much on trying not to miss. Some easy BHs missed because of this, some FH returns into the net or 10 feet out, but I corrected a lot of it at the end of set 2.
2) Second Serve- Still sucks
But hey, it's one of my bigger weaknesses and he didn't expose me with it, so not much I could say about it today
It still needs to improve though. Only 1 DF (serving for the match was when it happened of course
) which is nice.
Was down 0-1*, then got back to 2-1* and then broke and got 4-1* and we held until I won it 6-3. Second set he started at 1-0* and I missed some GPs and was down *0-3. Got it back to *2-3, but he broke again. He started getting flustered and went on a few mental walkabouts and was able to go from 2-4* to 6-4. Happy with today.