Tennis Forum banner

In The Zone and Uranium Storm Hempstead 2012! Doubles Champions!

47K views 393 replies 59 participants last post by  Uranium 
#1 · (Edited)
We won the 2012 doubles title! :D

R16: 6-0, 6-0 W
QF: 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 W
SF: 6-4, 6-4 W
F: 6-2, 6-2 W

Casey won the singles title in 2010 and has been runner-up in 2011 and 2012.

#7 ·
Re: In The Zone and Uranium Storm Hempstead! Tournament begins tomorrow.

Luckily, the rain did not come and I was able to play today.

I played someone I played two years ago and beat 76(3) 46 62. Very tough match, long rallies.

I won 63 64 today. :D

Today, I was very solid. A little shaky on my serve ( at 33 in the second set, I hit 3 double faults :help: ). I held on though. Very composed and followed my game plan of moving him around and using my lefty forehand on the red clay. :)

Uranium's turn on Wednesday. :D

#25 ·

I won my first round 6-3, 6-2. :D Despite not being able to serve or hit a forehand. :)
I don't like you. :fiery:

Are you two on opposite ends of the draw again?

#32 ·

I won 6-7(7) 6-3 7-5
I was down 5-3 in first, came back to 6-5 then lost 7-6, I just came out there a bit too nervous and lost a tight tiebreak where I led 4-1 and then was down 6-4, I had no set points:p
I won the second, and then went down 2 breaks in the third at 4-1 and then was down 5-3 (got one break back), and then won the last 4 games. My opponent's level dropped a bit, some may say choked, but I fought hard and earned my win despite hitting damn near 100 errors:lol: My backhand saved me as my first serve and forehand were nonexistent today:eek: I did get a lot of second serve practice which was good:p
I would make Vee so proud:hearts:

#35 ·

I won 6-7(7) 6-3 7-5
I was down 5-3 in first, came back to 6-5 then lost 7-6, I just came out there a bit too nervous and lost a tight tiebreak where I led 4-1 and then was down 6-4, I had no set points:p
I won the second, and then went down 2 breaks in the third at 4-1 and then was down 5-3 (got one break back), and then won the last 4 games. My opponent's level dropped a bit, some may say choked, but I fought hard and earned my win despite hitting damn near 100 errors:lol: My backhand saved me as my first serve and forehand were nonexistent today:eek: I did get a lot of second serve practice which was good:p
I would make Vee so proud:hearts:
It sounds like you know what you did wrong, which puts you ahead of 95 percent of the other players at this level (including, unfortunately, myself). I'm sure you'll clean it up next round. :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.