Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

**** Maria's Official Social Media Thread ****

435K views 5K replies 198 participants last post by  Jimmie48 
#1 ·
In good old Siberian Siren fashion of opening threads about anydamnthing... :oh:

https://twitter.com/MariaSharapova

First ever tweet:
Maria Sharapova ‏@MariaSharapova

Your ultimate sugarmama has arrived #myfirsttweet pic.twitter.com/QbC9DRLR

:cheer:

#2,114 ·
My wild guess is that she's there.. Doesn't matter if Serena was there, they're both used at crossing paths at the Vanity Fair parties in the previous years.. Maybe later we will all be in awe when her handlers/publicists start posting her pictures :) Wishful thinking.... Hmmmmmmm.

#2,120 ·
Just searched all Getty Images and related pages, no Masha pictures since the 27th february (was the Sugarpova event). She wasn't at the Vanity Fair Oscar party this year, end of illusions. So sad for us all and for the level of the party. :p
BUT it's good to know that she is concentrated in tennis and she maybe had a small party with Grigor after his Acapulco title.

#2,123 ·
Hm, about the "coolness" of this Oscar party, with Alzheimer's patients like Liza Minnelli and Kirk Douglas, or surgery lab-guinea-pigs like Donatella Versace or Kim Novak... what could we say? Better stay home this year! :oh:
In the near future we will maybe see Serena Williams invited by doctors at the Annual Pulmonary Emboly* Convention in Las Vegas? :fiery:

*http://www.ubitennis.com/english/sport/tennis/2011/03/03/468162-serena_what_going.shtml

#2,126 ·
I was so looking forward to seeing her. Ugh.

#2,144 ·
Building a new house? From where did you guys get that?
She was "building" one in 2012 or 2011 aswell.... ...

#2,153 ·
I have never blamed any of her previous boyfriend for her tennis or form, so this accusation shouldn't be meant for me ;)
My point was that with Grigor she started acting like teen not mature woman. And like MM_1257 wrote, he's making her act childish. I mean, it's nothing wrong with being happy and have joy in life, but I have feeling that with GD her priorities aren't that clear like with another boyfriends. And I have to emphasize this that It's only my personal opinion and impression.

#2,155 ·
JadeFox, I was here.. Not active on this board, but I was reading it. I am a member of this forum since 2008.. And my post and opinion is not to blame anyone for her tennis, I am talking about the public image / behaviour that she is producing right now.. and I share my opinion with AniaSharapova.
I am the last one to point a finger and blame the BF, actually defended always all my faves, until.. they start behaving strange.. and to me she is acting out of character for quite some time now.. deliberately or maybe not.. I do not know that, since with the public persons one can never know what is planned and what not. And it is funny how GD loves talking about her helping him, what about vice versa?? And what also bothers me, is his previous connection with Serena.. Got off her camp, jumped to MS camp.. a bit vulture.
And my point is that people here acted like the same way with Sasha and when she was struggling. I'm talking about a general feeling where many people were blaming everything and everyone for her struggles. I wasn't talking about anyone specifically.

And her ice queen image has been greatly exaggerated by the press and even by fans. 90% of it I swear came from how she conducts herself on court. There has always been signs of her goofy silly, overgrown kid side over the years when she's not on court and doesn't have to do press. I mean we're talking about a woman who goes to Disneyland every chance she gets and she's not a mother!:lol:

As for Grigor he and Serena never dated and if he has any shady motives towards Maria, she will see it eventually. They are still in that honeymoon stage of a relationship and that always wears off.

#2,154 · (Edited)
JadeFox, I was here.. Not active on this board, but I was reading it. I am a member of this forum since 2008.. And my post and opinion is not to blame anyone for her tennis, I am talking about the public image / behaviour that she is producing right now.. and I share my opinion with AniaSharapova.
I am the last one to point a finger and blame the BF, actually defended always all my faves, until.. they start behaving strange.. and to me she is acting out of character for quite some time now.. deliberately or maybe not.. I do not know that, since with the public persons one can never know what is planned and what not. And it is funny how GD loves talking about her helping him, what about vice versa?? And what also bothers me, is his previous connection with Serena.. Got off her camp, jumped to MS camp.. a bit vulture. And with the hype around him.. from Nike, from the journalists... they all must help build his image as the new ATP superstar.. And that is difficult imo, takes energy and time and care..

#2,157 ·
I agree with both your comments! The PR in todays tennis is too much. I didn't like the hyping of Bernard Tomic, I don't like Grigor's over the top promoting too despite the fact I am his biggest fan because he is actually one of the best young players and also very humble and positive with fans, he is a good guy. But the commercials, the promoting, everything is too much. The same is with Eugenie Bouchard. I am sick of all those Sugarpova advertisements everywhere, Maria is over the top with this one and it is becoming very irritating. This sugars are so expensive that 80% of the people couldn't afford them, only the rich countries. Maria's videos on the social channel are pretty embarrassing for me, it is like Big brother, very snobbish.

Only one thing is not correct in your comment and many people have completely wrong idea for this one. Grigor didn' jump from Serena's camp, he was coached by Mouratoglu! Grigor had a girlfriend at the time (look at Queens 2012) and actually the real story was Mouratoglu and Serena! They were hiding their relation! Serena may have liked Grigor as many of the women on the WTA obviously but that doesn't mean they had something and there is no proof about this either. In fact Mouratoglu came to Bulgaria in January 2012 with Grigor and said he was willing to coach him but after he met Serena Grigor wasn't his priority and thus Grisho left the academy in the end of the year. As for Grigor - he has a very, very good family, and his mother and grandfather recently gave interesting interviews in the Bulgarian press and these are not happening very often because the family doesn't speak about private life. I am following Grigor's career since he was 16 y.o. and I can tell you that he went through a lot of hardship to get where he is now and because of that he is very matured for his age. He is a fighter and a natural talent so I wish him to have success as tennis needs variety and beauty in the game.
Sharapova I think has lost motivation, a little bit like Djokovic and his wedding. I hope she recovers from that because I highly respect her for her fighting spirit and hardworking nature. Those are the qualities that I appreciate not Sugarpova!:)

#2,159 ·
And this pic is showing what? The car obviously... A bir roll-eye.. Wouldn't it be better for her to stay quiet a bit for a few days (am I asking too much??) and be agressive with her advertisements after Miami?
Laver_Slam, again, I did not say GD was dating Serena.. But Nike did a good job with showing him around her - a good promo for a young player that they want to push in front soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.