Tennis Forum banner

An-Sophie Mestach Cheering Thread

84K views 694 replies 46 participants last post by  Emiel Goelen 
#1 ·
Apologies if An-Sophie already has a thread. I couldn't find one.

As Belgium's top junior I think she deserves a thread.

An-Sophie's site http://www.an-sophiemestach.com/

Photos from when An-Sophie won gold at the European Youth Olympic Festival in July

See less See more
#54 ·
Wow, congrats Anso! (liking that nickname!) Really well done, I'm impressed, particularly since this was your Australian Open debut, and you also won the doubles. I'm really happy you won!
Although it's still so sad Justine had to retire in such a sad way.

We have a Belgian Double - triple - together with Kim!

:woohoo:

#55 ·
Mestach also won Autralian open title :happy: BELGIUM into the top of the tops in tennis.

Reactions: Tennis Ball
#56 ·
What a great AO run :worship: looking forward to see what Anso does in the future :D

#63 ·

#65 · (Edited)

#68 ·
Yep, was there Saturday and Sunday! Saturday was a bit disappointing tenniswise.
Sunday was great because:
1. Bethanie bitchiness
2. Yanina's great performance
3. Surprising An-Sophie who I thought can already play top-100 tennis

on to April and Charleroi :)

#74 ·
An-Sophie is a very talented player, she is number one by the juniors, she won singles and doubles at the Australian Open this year. She's not big, but can be useful to handle the ball, same as Kirsten. She is also mentally strong, same as Yanina. Ideal combination :) She has a great future, she must continue to work hard and gain experience on the WTA tour. Have a few more years of patience :)

#78 ·
Yes, but I'm missing power in the equation, like Justine = variaty + power. Kirsten is a waisted talent because she is missing power, she/they should have added that to her game. Does An-Sophie play with power, although I reckon there are several degrees in this? Since I have never seen her play. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.