Tennis Forum banner

Info Wanted

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Sloejelly 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Basically I am hoping to go to the Brisbane International next year, but as I am not a local I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me out a bit.

I will have a car but will prefer not to drive to the tournament each day unless there is easy parking etc.

Just want some information as to what places to stay that are relatively close to the tennis, but affordable, if there is plenty of parking at the event if I do decide that I can drive from the place I am staying to the tournament each day etc.

Any information would be great. If you would prefer to PM me then feel free to do so.

Thanks

#2 ·
There is plenty of parking available for $20 for the day - Rotary lot about 500m from the centre. Brisbane Golf Club offer parking some days too.

You can risk parking on the street just next to the QTC but might get a $50 fine (I have once in 20 odd times I've parked there)

Sorry don't know nearby hotels, etc. as I'm about 30 minute drive

#4 ·
Yes per day. The parking isn't run by the tournament - it's a 3rd party.

#5 ·
You get free public transport to and from the tournament with your ticket price. Yerongapilly Train Station is 800m from the tennis centre, if you are able to walk that far, and that would allow you to stay farther away and take a train to the tennis. That's what we do, not being local either. We like to stay in West End (as there's pubs, cafes, restaurants) and then we take the train from South Brisbane direct to the tennis each day. There's backpackers in West End, a couple of okay cheap motels, apartment hotels that we got for about $120/night on Wotif, plus really fancy hotels if you stay on Southbank (player hotels this year were on Southbank - the Rydges and somewhere else I've forgotton).

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.