Jelena Jankovic News and Articles Thread, vol 3 - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2014, 08:48 AM   #1141
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute
She is not gonna play EAZ again
Advertisement

Old Nov 11th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #1142
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Jankovic News and Articles Thread, vol 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NAJ- View Post
Jecmenica said she will ask jelena to play again. She wants JJ in team again.

lol

I don't think Jelena will play. She retired from fed cup 2 years ago and people still asking her to play.
When I saw that Jecmenica said that I was "wow women do you even follow Serbian tennis players", Jelena said after final that she will not play Fed Cup anymore and has not played 2 years, do you think she will come back because of you, I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav001 View Post
If she wants to play the Rio Olympic games she will have to play.
She can't, because she didn't play in 2013 and 2014. Players must play at least once every year to go to Rio. But maybe it is possible to receive WC or something.
Singles:
2012: CH Quanzhou, CH Charlottesville
Doubles: 2011: CH Antalya (W/coolfish1103) 2013: CH Andrezieux-Boutheon (W/kfh_9118) 2014: WTA Linz, CH Asuncion (W/kfh_9118), CH Ankara (W/Michael!) 2015: CH Midland, WTA Doha (W/kfh_9118)
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #1143
country flag jarko111

jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of

Didn't Serena go to Olympics without playing - under the guise that she made herself available because she would have played "if they needed her."

hell, I theoretically could go to RIO.. Theoretically I am open to playing fed cup. I officially have made myself available effective immediately.
Old Nov 14th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #1144
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

JJ is in Thailand, make holiday there..and give an interview..

Delhi: For a country like India that is deprived of top class tennis action due to lack of top-tier tournaments, organisation of the Champions Tennis League (CTL) will be great for the sport, says former world number one Jelena Jankovic.

The 29-year-old Serbian singles star, ranked 14, will play for 'Delhi Dreams' in the six-team league beginning November 17 here at DLTA Complex.

India hosts only one ATP 250 tournament - Chennai Open - at the beginning of the season and it was way back in 2008 when the country hosted a top WTA event.

"I think the league will help promote tennis in India.

There were some tournaments in India several years ago, I was in Bangalore in 2008. It is nice to have a league and get top players playing. I think the standard is great. We have a lot of big names, great champions from the past and now (present)," Jelena told PTI from Thailand, where she is holidaying.

"I think, it's fun and exciting to play in that part of the world. It's a different format. I have never played something like that. I have played Fed Cup, which is different. I am really looking forward to playing in that kind of competition in front of the Indian fans," she said.

The Delhi team, also featuring South African Kevin Anderson, Juan Carlos Ferrero and India's Sanam Singh, is co-owned by Bollywood actor Ajay Devgan and businessman Sanjeev Kassal.

Jelena, who became world number one in 2008 after reaching the US Open final, said there should be no doubt about the approach of the players in the league.

ATP President Chris Kermode had called Mahesh Bhupathi's IPTL a glorified exhibitions.

"I don't think that's the case. I think the players will give their best and it will be a great competition," she asserted.

Talking about Sania Mirza, whom the Serbian beat in all five meetings on the WTA tour, Jelena said the Indian made a good decision last year by restricting herself to doubles only.

Jelena said Sania could have fared better in singles had she not suffered those injuries when she was in her prime.

"She is a great player and Sania has promoted tennis in India very well. In the past I have played against her in the singles and she was good. I think she could have done better (without injuries) but that's the way it is. And I think it was a great decision because she is very successful in doubles now. It was up to her," she said.

Talking about her career, Jankovic hoped to win the elusive women's singles Grand Slam title in the next season.

She had become the first Serbian to win a Grand Slam when she clinched the Wimbledon mixed doubles with Jamie Murray in 2007.

Asked if she feels next year may be her last chance to win a singles Grand Slam as she was already in her late 20s, Jelena had a hearty laugh and replied," I don't see this as the last shelf. I still feel young. I still have quite a few more years to go. Hopefully 2015 will be my year to win my first Grand Slam."

Competing against the top players of this era, Jelena has played some memorable matches. She developed some great rivalries with her compatriot Ana Ivanovic and American sisters Serena and Venus Williams.

She trails Ana 3-8 and Serena 3-7 in head-to-head count.

With Venus she is tied 6-6 in 12 meetings.

So, which rivalry has she enjoyed the most?

"I like competing overall, there is not one player, who was special to compete with. Every opponent is tough in their individual way. I have enjoyed being on court and trying my best to beat them," Jelena said.

She got trained in the US from the age of 13 but Jelena feels things have changed in her country for better now.

"Tennis has become very popular in Serbia with the players succeeding over the last few years. We are still working on getting better facilities for our players for the younger generation to develop and become champions.

"We have opened up lot of tours for them but we are still working making a better system. We are a small country and financially we are not great. We are trying our best."

Recently she was troubled by a back injury but the Serbian said she was getting back to her best.

"Now I am feeling good, started training and finished my recovery. Little by little I am trying to get back in shape."

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #1145
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Another interview with Empress

Former world no. 1 eyes successful stint in inaugural CTL

Former world no. 1 Jelena Jankovic will visit India after a gap of almost six years, and still has fond memories of her last visit. The Serb will represent Delhi Dreams in the inaugural Champions Tennis League, which will see a galaxy of tennis stars ranging from the world no. 5 to no. 25 compete across India.
The 29-year-old, who is coming from an injury lay-off is eyeing a successful stint here. Delhi Dreams face Punjab Marshalls in the opening match of the event, that begins on November 17 at the RK Khanna Stadium in the capital.
“I am excited about an Indian league. I think it will be a great competition with a lot of exciting matches. I also want to help the sport grow in India,” Jankovic told this paper from Thailand on Monday.
The Serb believes the Delhi team, who also feature South African Kevin Anderson, Juan Carlos Ferrero and home boy Sanam Singh, are well balanced and can give a good run of money to the others.
“I would think we definitely have one of the best teams in the CTL.
“There are a lot of great players among other teams as well. It should be a tough competition,” said Jankovic, adding “my success mantra at the CTL will be to play hard and have fun.”
Asked if she felt any pressure of being the top ranked player in the team, the former world no. 1 said, “Not really. I am competitive, so I definitely want to help my team win.”
Jankovic, who played in Bengaluru during a 2008 WTA event, has plans to visit the Taj Mahal and gorge on Indian cuisine.
“I love the country and the kindness of the people here. I am really looking forward to coming back,” Jankovic, who was ranked world no. 1 for 17 consecutive weeks until she was overtaken by Serena Williams in 2009.
“I love the food. It is spicy but mouth-watering. If I get time I will definitely go to Agra to visit the Taj Mahal,” she added.
Jankovic has endured a frustrating, injury-ridden year and slipped to 13th in the WTA rankings, which she had topped in August 2008.
“I have had a few ups and downs, especially with my back injury towards the end of the season but I had a couple of decent results... semi-finals in Brisbane, Doha, Stuttgart, Rome and reached the final in a WTA event in Bogota.
“I want to be back in the top-10 and hopefully win a Grand Slam in 2015.
“I want to be healthy and free of injuries, that way I can perform the best. I’m looking forward to the coming season,” she said.

Old Nov 16th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #1146
country flag jarko111

jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of jarko111 has much to be proud of

She is playing with her prince racquet!!!!
Old Dec 15th, 2014, 07:26 PM   #1147
country flag Saraya!

Back to the Top Ten 2015!

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/4367252

Old Dec 15th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #1148
country flag GameSetJJ
Delusional Jankobitch

GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute GameSetJJ has a reputation beyond repute

I wish she would stop saying all this and just do it. Silly Empress

Bartoli Li Serena
GameSetJJ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #1149
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetJJ View Post
I wish she would stop saying all this and just do it. Silly Empress
This. Don´t like that talk . And always talking from a Slam title, with 1 (!!!)Slam final in her whole career and with 1 title in nearly 5 years.

Old Dec 17th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #1150
country flag jarko111

There was this parody video of some song. The original lyric is "I'm so glad you're always on my side."
With JJ I can apply this quote to her from her perspective "I'm glad I'm always on my side." hehehe
I mean, JJ lacks very little.. but her optimism, confidence and faith in her tennis have never wavered unless she was "injured"
And I ain't mad at her.. go on JJ, I love you and your silly self.
Old Feb 1st, 2015, 02:21 PM   #1151
country flag Saraya!

http://www.kurir.rs/sport/tenis/jele...medium=twitter

Old Feb 16th, 2015, 06:46 PM   #1152
country flag -NAJ-

-NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute -NAJ- has a reputation beyond repute

February 15, 2015

Jelena Jankovic

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

J. JANKOVIC/T. Babos
6‑3, 4‑6, 6‑1

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Is this a late Valentine's Day gift?
JELENA JANKOVIC: Valentine's? I don't have a Valentine. You know, my Prince racquet is my Valentine.
I'm very happy to get a win under my belt. It's my first win of the season, and it's nice to kind of get that monkey off my back.
You know, like I said in the interview, I have been suffering with my back injury, and, you know, it has been, you know, a process overall just getting back in form and just starting to practice, and, you know, losing some weight. I was kind of overweight in Australia. I didn't have enough time to prepare, and I'm fighting hard, you know.
I need my confidence back and just overall playing my game, you know. I train very well, but then playing the match is different.
I was fighting hard today, and there was times, you know, where, you know, here and there I could play well, but then there are a lot of things I have to improve and get better.

Q. How long do you think till you reach your...
JELENA JANKOVIC: It depends, you know. I just have to stay positive and just keep working. You know, I think, you know, that my main goal is to get as many matches as possible.
The more I compete, the better I start feeling out there, you know, the more confident. Then I don't have to think as much. When you don't play so many matches you are overthinking or you don't know what to do at certain times. You overthink, you overanalyze. You just become too analytical, and it's against your favor. It doesn't do any justice.
So I just have to go out there and play freely and go after my shots and believe in myself. That's what I have to do on the court.

Q. Tenth appearance in Dubai.
JELENA JANKOVIC: I love playing in Dubai. Playing Dubai is one of my favorite places to play at, and I have done very well here in the past, and, you know, I have my residence here. I come, you know, quite often during the year.
I love it here. I love the weather. I love, you know, pretty much everything about it.
You know, what can I say? Hopefully I can do well at this tournament.
-NAJ- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 03:36 AM   #1153
country flag jarko111

I was kind of overweight in Australia.
Dear JJ, you couldn't be overweight if you tried. OMG. If you're overweight then... I won't even go there with some of the top players on the WTA.