Kudos to Maggie - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 11:27 PM   #16
graf630

graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point graf630 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great week Maggie!
I knew you had it in you!
graf630 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:36 AM   #17
grad

grad is an unknown quantity at this point
On the women's side, Maleeva captured her ninth career title and her third victory here. She won the Kremlin Cup in 1994 and '95.

Maleeva, the world No. 23, upset top-seeded and No. 2 Venus Williams in the second round, and fifth-seeded and world No. 7 Amelie Mauresmo before beating No. 8 Davenport in what she called the greatest week of her career.

Maleeva's previous record for defeating top 10 players came in 1995 in Berlin, when she defeated No. 3 Mary Pierce and No. 10 Natasha Zvereva.

"I never managed to overcome three top 10 players in one event before," Maleeva said. "I'm happy and it is definitely the best week in my career."

Davenport jumped to an early lead with a break in the opening game, but Maleeva broke back in the 10th game to level 5-5. Love-40 down on her serve
in the next game, the Bulgarian saved three breakpoints only to double-fault on a deuce. Davenport served for the set.

Capitalizing on Davenport's poor return play in the second set, Maleeva broke the American in the sixth game to win the set and stay in the match.

After trading breaks early in the decisive third set, Davenport fired three of her 15 aces in the match to deny Maleeva two breakpoints in the ninth game and force a tiebreaker.

"I did serve well today, but I didn't put enough pressure on her [Maleeva's]second serve," Davenport said.

Maleeva, who said it has always been her dream to defeat Davenport, whom she considers the best player on the tour, prevailed on the tiebreaker and will now move into the top 20 in the WTA rankings next week.

By reaching the finals in Moscow, Davenport will move one position up in the rankings and has secured the No. 15 spot in the season-ending WTA
Championships in Los Angeles on Nov. 6-11.

Davenport injured her right knee last November and underwent surgery in January, keeping her out of most tournaments this year. She resumed playing at
the end of July and reached at least the semifinal in the six tournaments she played in before coming to Moscow.
grad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:54 AM   #18
grad

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...maleeva_ap.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lg_maleeva_ap.jpg (0, 6 views)
Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:57 AM   #19
grad

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 01:20 AM   #20
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just thrilled for Maggie. She did win the
Swiss event back in 1994- was it a TIER 2
back then? Anyway- I am so proud of her.
Great week eh? I like Lindsay- but seeing
Maggie do so well- makes me feel all warm
and fuzzy.

"I hung onto tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years.
It is something that is in me, it is me." - JH
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2002, 07:58 AM   #21
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Well done Maggie!! Kudos, she really deserves it!
Old Oct 10th, 2002, 12:58 AM   #22
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
KUDOS!!
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote