Articles and Interviews - Page 281 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #4201
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Thanks for explaining it. I think we can forget about Singapore already. She should be (at least) in the top 8 at this point so that the claycourt and grasscourt seasons are just a matter of damage control. But she's in a position where she has to make up ground on those surfaces which is just not gonna happen.
Yes I wasn't really thinking Singapore, I was literally just thinking where she will end up. It feels like she's done ok recently, but nothing better than that, then you look at it and she's way worse off than she was at this time last year which is pretty disconcerting.

It can't really get any worse on clay, but a bunch of R2 and R3's don't really help her long term when you can only count 16 results anyway. The way the points have been shared out and lots of players posting big scores doesn't help either.

I don't know why she plays Stuttgart tbh. It's a tough field, and you never feel like she's going in prepared when she'll probably have a weeks practice on clay going in. She might play Birmingham I would guess.
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2014, 08:15 PM   #4202
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yes I wasn't really thinking Singapore, I was literally just thinking where she will end up. It feels like she's done ok recently, but nothing better than that, then you look at it and she's way worse off than she was at this time last year which is pretty disconcerting.

It can't really get any worse on clay, but a bunch of R2 and R3's don't really help her long term when you can only count 16 results anyway. The way the points have been shared out and lots of players posting big scores doesn't help either.

I don't know why she plays Stuttgart tbh. It's a tough field, and you never feel like she's going in prepared when she'll probably have a weeks practice on clay going in. She might play Birmingham I would guess.
There's a 380 point difference using this year's ranking system between Caro's 2013 Indian Wells and Miami point total and 2014's. Caro was lucky to make the final with Vika's withdrawl from the quarters of Indian Wells. It's a 435 point difference in this year's point system between a final and a quarterfinal at a premier mandatory.

Caro also got only 1 point from the premier 5 Doha this year while she got 190 points in this year's ranking system from last year's Doha quarterfinal. I think those big tournament results explain most of the difference in points between this year and last year.

My guess as to why Caro plays Stuttgart is that the players are treated very well there.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #4203
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fiction by Ivanovic. This is from the Wta's article about yesterday's Monterrey semis:

MONTERREY, México - It was a dream semifinal match-up - two of the most popular players on the WTA, both former World No.1s, Saturday night and under the lights. And Ana Ivanovic came through.

The No.2-seeded Ivanovic beat No.3-seeded Caroline Wozniacki in two tight sets, 76(5) 64, rallying from 3-1 down to take the first set and almost losing control of the match in the second set, originally going up 4-0 before Wozniacki caught up to 4-all - but Ivanovic managed to close the match out.

"It was a great match tonight," Ivanovic said. "I played really well, especially in the beginning of the second set. We've had very close matches in the past, so it was really a treat to win tonight.

"Caroline was really striking the ball well."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...-of-world-no1s
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote