Tennis Forum banner

Frazier WINS Hobart TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  LiliaLee-Frazier 
#1 · (Edited)
:bounce: c The Associated Press

HOBART, Australia (AP) - American Amy Frazier beat qualifier Maria Emilia Salerni of Argentina 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 Thursday to advance to the final at the Moorilla International.

Frazier will face sixth-seeded Shinobu Asagoe of Japan. Asagoe beat Kristina Brandi of Puerto Rico 5-7, 6-4, 6-4, in the other semifinal.

Frazier, 31, has won six WTA Tour singles titles in her long professional career.

01/15/04 05:20 EST
WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! "Does the Frazier Happy Dance" :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :lol: :hearts: :kiss:

#4 ·
Well, Pitu won one set in the semis. It was her best tournament in her life. After being #1 in Juniors ranking, Salerni never rised her head in pro.
This week Pitu won 3 matchs in the qualy and 3 in the tournament, it is great for Frazier to defeat a player with such a confidence.
Congratulations to Frazier fans :)

#7 ·
Catriel said:
Well, Pitu won one set in the semis. It was her best tournament in her life. After being #1 in Juniors ranking, Salerni never rised her head in pro.
This week Pitu won 3 matchs in the qualy and 3 in the tournament, it is great for Frazier to defeat a player with such a confidence.
Congratulations to Frazier fans :)
Thank u !! :wavey: :kiss:

#8 ·
good luck in the final Amy, you can win this! :D

#17 ·
Congratulations Amy! :D

Nice way to head into Melbourne, knew she could win this :D

#22 ·
Congrats to Amy! This is an excellent result for her. I was worried about her defending her final, but when the draw came out, I'm not suprised that Amy and Shinobu reached the final. The trophy is interesting to say the least...:angel:

Best of luck to both Amy and Shinobu in 2004! God be with Shinobu; I want her to win a title in 04! :bounce:

#23 ·
Amy didn't win last year,she was in the final last year but she lost to molik. Was nice to see her win as she's been in the final a few times but has never won it.

I stuck around for the doubles and managed to take photos(plus got their autographs)and was pleased to see them win!!!!!!!!!!!.

#24 ·
oz_magic07 said:
Amy didn't win last year,she was in the final last year but she lost to molik. Was nice to see her win as she's been in the final a few times but has never won it.

I stuck around for the doubles and managed to take photos(plus got their autographs)and was pleased to see them win!!!!!!!!!!!.
Do u have any Pics of AMY to share with me :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :wavey:

#25 ·
Tennisfan-Mtl said:
Anyone knows what her approximate ranking will be after this win ?
I just think she will move back up to 60 or so because she got to the final last year it won't be that m uch of a jump...However...she was injured for 3 months right after the AO last year..soooo..she has mega points to get over the winter and spring !! :) :bounce: :hearts:

#26 ·
I have 4 pics of Amy from last years final(i did take some this time but haven't finished the roll.) I also have the newspaper article from this yrs final with a nice clear pic of Amy that i could send to ya. The photo's aren't all that close(cos i don;t have a long enough zoom lens) but u can still see who it is(its at the ceremony where they hand out the trophy etc). I go every year basically :) I also have pics of grande,molik,pierce,rubin,sucha plus the doubles and singles of this years event(i did take pics from the yr cljsters came but the pics didn;t come out). So if u want any just ask and i'll see what i can do :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.