Cibulkova vs Mauresmo
Peng vs Q
(4)Kuznetsova vs bye
(6)Radwanska vs Zheng
Yan vs Sugiyama
Q vs Cornet
(2)Ivanovic vs bye

#16 ·
I don't think her draw isn't by all means easy (so I wouldn't underestimate her opponents). Some of these players have nothing to lose against Ana, and I agree that if Ana is off her game (which she has been for like the last 4 events) they will take advantage of that. Please find that form that you showed at RG, I know you can do it.

#27 ·
This is NOT a put-down,'DTL' cuz I'm in the same boat with you:At this point,we're just grasping for ANY cause for optimism.This thread will EXPLODE when Ana gets her next impressive win...it'll be great!:yeah:

#26 ·
I belive it's the right decision, she needs to play as much matches as possible right now.

Back to Beijing, i think the draw it's a bit easier than Tokyo, 'cos Cornet is not a powerful player such as Petrova, and the French will give enough time to Ana to move and hit the ball with her forehand, so she can gain more confidence in that stroke.

Hoping she can do well, but my feelings are not so positive...:confused:

#29 ·
Entering Moscow looks like a desperate decision and it just shows the confidence is low. Normally she goes for winning a tournament.
But if you plan Moscow, Zurich, Linz in a row then you probably expect that you won't win much.

She had great results after injuries in the past, so the lack of matches can't be the issue. She just needs to WIN matches now.
If you do that in Beijing 4 times then Moscow isn't that necessary.

Playing more matches, then eventually you will start winning.
Then you can say: See? I needed more matches to get rhtym.
If you really think that, you're certainly not on the right track.

#30 ·
If it was 2 months ago that we knew it was all these tournaments and Tokyo as well, it would have looked worse. But now, i dont think its a big deal. If she does well in Moscow, she should have til Wed before she plays Zurich, then the same for Linz.

Beijing September 22-28
offweek
Moscow October 6-12
Zurich October 13-19
Linz October 20-26
offweek
Doha November 4-9

#32 ·
Stuttgart looks better of course, but then she might not be sure to get in.

Indeed she needs more matches. But enter more tournaments is not the way. You just need to win, then you get enough matches. She still makes me clueless. But that's mostly the case with women anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.