Tennis Forum banner

Is there really a Big 3/4 or is it just the Big 2?

8K views 99 replies 56 participants last post by  CountryLife 
#1 ·
The end of the last year and so far this year there has been talk of is it a Big 4 or a Big 3. And while it has been great to see some stability, and great to see my love being talked about as part of the elite of the elite, should we start to be realistic and admit that Serena and Vika are on a whole level by themselves? Now I know people will start to bring out the Ree/Vika head to head to say that Serena is in a league of her own, but by winning her 2nd slam, and retaining the no.1 for so long (I know she has just lost it) Vika needs to be included with Serena.

Aga and Maria are too far behind now, and it looks like we'll be getting another Vika, Serena final. I think when talking about the top players we must make the distinction of Serena and Vika being the very top and Maria and Aga must be included as part of "The rest".

#8 ·
Pretty much

#14 ·
Personally, I think you would need to have the top three and then Radwanska as an understudy. I think Serena is one of the greatest players of the open era and she is my favourite player, but, Vika is playing well of late and should be included as well as Sharapova. They have the potential of winning majors this year, If it was a guarantee that Serena would win all the majors there would be no need to play the tournament. There are also some ladies below the top 4 who have a chance, also.

#16 ·
Um how is this a troll thread, because Maria's not being put in the same boat as they very top players? :haha: don't make me laugh.

I think Vika and Serena will split the slams. I feel we're entering a Federer-Nadal situation here. Serena is the dominant one with Vika keeping her Aus crown year after year, and Vika will improve against Serena on other surfaces, making their rivalry more competitive.

The likes of Sharapova will be playing for semi-final spots, that in a way will be their victory because they can't conceivably go any further.

Serena and Vika have broken away from the rest. Sharapova is like the Roddick now, she'll maybe get the odd final but is just not good enough. Aga will become the Djockovic, she'l blossom in a few years.

#15 ·

#30 ·
:lol:

Nah. I think Maria is still trying to play her way into form after the shoulder injury but even at that she beat Azarenka in their last meeting at the YEC Semi's which is something Radwanska can never do it seems.

#33 ·
But Azarenka was injured, remember? She's always injured when losing to Sharapova :cool:

#36 ·
The shoulder excuse isn't valid, if she's not fit from it by now then this form is her norm and she'll never be truly one of the top players. She's more a Del Porto, winning slams when the big guns have off days.

#42 ·
You are totally worng. Her shoulder surgery is valid. Before the surgery her service motion was text book, after the surgery she went through rehab for a long time. She may never get up to speed with her service motion again but she has done quite well considering what she went through.

#37 ·
So you mean a player who barely win against Li Na is with Serena at the very top!?

#38 ·
Timmy is losing the plot big time. He predicted Radwanska kicking ass straight after that Wimby final and now claims she'll blossom in few years :lol:

#41 ·
how quick has this miserable person betrayed his "fave" Agatha.......

I won't even try to show this clown how wrong his statement is.......his insanity is incurable

#45 ·
Sgt.Timmykinz pour your hourseshit in the toilet, don't do it on Tennisforum , pls

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.