Tennis Forum banner

Elina Svitolina Cheering Thread!

Tags
mynx
316K views 5K replies 116 participants last post by  TeamUkraine 
#1 ·
I can't believe there wasn't a thread for one of Ukraine's rising stars.

She's born on 12 September 1994. She's the reigning junior Roland Garros Champion and has been the ranked number 1 on the ITF circuit. On the professional tour, she has also made the finals of a 25K losing to another talented teenager, Lyuda Kichenok. Her highest WTA ranking is 548.

Let's all cheer for her as she rises up the rankings soon and be a real star on the WTA tour!

More pictures of her at http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=gallery&player_id=145&page=1

See less See more
#1,232 ·
Now we have the real story guyssssssss. The court was in a bad condition

Was there from sunday until friday night!
She'd never lost the quarters on CC coz she was the far better player but this awful C1 / no idea why they scheduled a QF on that court?!/ didn't allow anything than serving! Balls bounced like crazy on suface that didn't merit the term "grass" ... and for that reason (and nothing else) she was understandable pissed she had to play there. Decent playing was simply not possible. In the afternoon she practised on much better conditioned c4 and looked great, returning and volleys and all, but this court is not good visible for spectators ... and VIP's area is located at c1... :tape:

What I've heard from people watching the match's end yesterday she was absolutely right and bad treated in the deciding situation but shit happens and I'm sure she'd already ticked it off - it obv. wasn't supposed to be !