Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

490K views 5K replies 229 participants last post by  jameshazza 
#1 ·
Hi everyone :wavey:

Thought maybe we could use a thread here to post all the news, interviews, and articles we find on Masha. :)

I just got my new Tennis Week magazine and Maria is on the cover again (she was also on the March cover). :eek:

If they haven't been posted already, I'll scan in the pics and article and post them here later.

#1,392 ·
Tennis Champion Maria Sharapova To Wear Tiffany Diamond Earrings by Frank Gehry at the Australian Open in Melbourne

Tiffany & Co. today announced that tennis champion Maria Sharapova will wear earrings by Tiffany designer and world-renowned architect Frank Gehry at the Australian Open, January 17 – January 30 at Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Australia.

Mr. Gehry applied his free-form approach to a basic leaf design, creating a striking shape outlined in sparkling round brilliant diamonds and 18 karat white gold. “The earrings reflect the spontaneous and graceful lines of Gehry’s architecture,” Ms. Sharapova said. “They have a strong and distinctive look, yet they’re elegant and light enough to wear on the court. I am thrilled to wear them at the Australian Open.”

The partnership between Ms. Sharapova and Tiffany & Co. provides the tennis star with Tiffany earrings to wear at each of the four Grand Slam events: the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open. Called Tiffany for Maria Sharapova, the special group of earrings captures her natural grace and gives customers and fans access to the Tiffany jewelry preferred by the three-time Grand Slam winner.
I haven't seen them on the official website, but I guess they are the ones she's been wearing since Auckland. :shrug:

#1,398 ·
Sony Ericsson YouTube Series to Follow Women’s Tennis Hopefuls

Sony Ericsson is getting into the entertainment biz with Xperia Hot Shots, a new YouTube-based show following the lives of six aspiring Women’s Tennis Association stars.

The show, starting in March, offers a behind-the-scenes look at the women’s lives off court as they compete in various tournaments around the world. Product placement will figure prominently into the show; the women will be shown using their Xperia handsets to film their own content and share it on Facebook and other social media outlets.

Sony Ericsson’s Experia X10, an Android-based phone, hit the U.S. market last August.

To help get the word out, Sony Ericsson employed spokeswoman Maria Sharapova to help develop and show off a logo for the show

Ben Wyatt, director of communications for the WTA in Europe, says that the six women haven’t been chosen yet. As for Sharapova: “She’ll certainly have a role to play,” but that exact role hasn’t been finalized. Sony Ericsson’s YouTube channel has close to 10,000 subscribers and currently offers such fare as “Battle Fingers,” an odd contest in which viewers vote on videos showing people’s fingers dancing to pop songs.
I guess no WoZZZzzz or Serena then. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.