Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#2,611 ·
Going by the rules, she is free to play anywhere she likes, but would not get ranking points.

For years, players were simply ignoring this rule, using the fact that there was no online entry system (and later ITF IPIN and WTA systems were not compatible). So, when WTA actually started to enforce it in spring 2009, several players were hit hard. Like having the best result for years and not getting any points for it.

#2,612 ·
Intriguing:eek:

But even if she has a deep run in Dothan, she still won't be able to play, because she can't enter anywhere else:shrug:

Are the WTA and ITF systems compatible now in a way that say you have an ITF priority 1, WTA event priority 2, and gets in to both, is it still
WTA > ITF?

#2,615 ·
In my circle of family and friends - nobody seems to be too worried, but most of us (including myself) surely have thought "what if..". My father for example is pessimistic about NATO offering any effective help (no, a couple of fighter jets won't do) in case we really need it. Some others are convinced that Russia wouldn't dare to try anything since we are in NATO.

#2,619 ·
I have asked to be banned from April 21st until May 19th so that I can prepare for exams which have a large impact on my academic future.

Yeah I wondered where you went. Good for you.. as I said before, if you
need employees when you grow up by all means give me a call !!

Anyways looking at the acceptance list in Dothan it does'nt look like
a really tough tourney.. Anett stands a good chance here I agree.

#2,621 ·
Haha :D Nice to see you here while Sasha waits for the Winter :sad:

So how far does she have to go in Dothan in order to be "excused" of Marrakesh qualies? I'm assuming the R1 is played on Tue-Wed, R2 is played on Thu and QF is played on Fri (which is basically Saturday in Morocco already). QF surely should be enough then, maybe even R2?
I would say QF which frankly, unless she got a very difficult draw, I would be disappointed if she didn't make :) Hopefully Doubles as well :D :)

#2,620 ·
So how far does she have to go in Dothan in order to be "excused" of Marrakesh qualies? I'm assuming the R1 is played on Tue-Wed, R2 is played on Thu and QF is played on Fri (which is basically Saturday in Morocco already). QF surely should be enough then, maybe even R2?

#2,622 ·
$50,000 Dothan, AL (USA)

(3)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) v Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ)
Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA) v Anett Kontaveit (EST)
(wc)Taylor Townsend (USA) v Montserrat Gonzalez (PAR)
(8)Victoria Duval (USA) v Q

#2,625 ·
Quite tough indeed, but hopefully she can win a couple of rounds at least. Playing on clay should be an advantage to her. Also, she plays her doubles R1 against Hsu, so that's a good chance to get to know the opponent before the singles match :D

#2,626 · (Edited)
She just needs to remember what happened last time she played on Green Clay :oh:

And also get some Fed Cup revenge vs Govortsova :D If Anett does win her Round 1 she will probably get on Centre Court vs Larcher de Brito/Karatantcheva and we will therefore get to see her play :)

Also, how classic is it that the one year Burnie didn't stream the women was when Anett played :rolleyes: :facepalm:

#2,630 · (Edited)
Manages to choke *4-0 lead to 4-3* :facepalm:
Then breaks to *5-3 and gets broken again. Then breaks to love and takes the first set 6-4.
The second set starts better again, takes 3-0* lead....
...only to choke it to *3-3
Holds and breaks to *5-3
Finally serves out the match 6-3

Was harder than I expected. I don't believe she'll get past MLDB, but we'll see :)

#2,631 ·
With that choking it will be very hard to beat Michelle :lol: Still, if she plays well there is no reason why she can't win as Michelle's latest Clay results have not been great :) I am very worried about this choking though... Still, she got it together when it mattered and it was her 1st Green Clay match in Singles for a while :) Hopefully she gets Centre Court with a stream and removes Larcher de Brito :) And that she and Ilona can keep winning in Doubles :)

#2,634 · (Edited)
IKR :lol: Still, if she makes QF she will get a stream :) And other matches like Chirico/Kiick don't get Centre Court either :lol:

As for Doubles, hopefully she or more likely Ilona don't have long matches because they have a big opportunity to win through here (there opponents only just beat significantly worse opponents 10-8 in a MTB). Ilona already won in a 3rd Set TB and her and Min both grind/push + if Anett gets up she will probably make it 3 sets somehow :oh: Anyway, hopefully she wins at least one and preferably two matches here :) Timea's not in the draw so anything's possible :lol:

Also people, if you, like me, would like to see Latvia and Lithuania removed from the Baltic Forum making just an Estonian forum please vote in the Sub-forums thread or PM James saying you agree with me :) Thanks and if you want my reasons just ask :)

#2,637 ·
Very nice win over a difficult opponent. I remember watching MLDB when she beat Sharapova at Wimbledon. I remember thinking that her game was great to watch and I was rooting for her. Shame her results have not been so nice after that epic win. But still, i'm very glad for Anett. Good luck with the next opponent!

#2,638 · (Edited)
:bolt: Only 3 games lost. Did not expect such result at all. Glad to be wrong again :)
She must have had a very good service day, similar to the Auckland match vs Rogers.
I hope tomorrow we will have video stream too.

Her doubles match seems to be dragging on forever.
Finally they won 64 64 :yeah:

#2,639 · (Edited)
OMG :cheer: :eek: :sobbing: :inlove: :bowdown: :worship:
I can't believe it :D And I thought she might lose :lol: You guys are right, it's like when she played Rogers :D She just seems to have these days when she plays like a Top 20 player :lol: It's a shame we couldn't watch it :(

As for her serving, well that's just ridic, almost impossible :lol: I just can't believe it :D

So her Green Clay run continues and now also in Doubles and she has now made her 1st 50K QF :cheer: A big opportunity to make the SF especially if she is playing like this and given Olga's poor form against Rampre maybe she can get some Estonian revenge ;)

As for their Doubles, I am not surprised it took so long given Kremen is a push and the other two are South American Clay-Courters :lol:

#2,640 ·
I can't believe they prefer Kiick's match to Duval's on stadium court, so this means no video again :sobbing:
Surprisingly Anett has entered Trnava 75k / Cagnes 100k as well. Isn't she taking some weeks off after three consecutive tournaments? Of course I wouldn't mind seeing her playing as much as possible and she can always withdraw if she gets "too many" matches in the States :)

#2,641 ·
IK, Kiick is so boring :help: And Duval is from Florida plus has the French background, similar to Louisiana :lol: I am shell-shocked literally :facepalm: At least her Doubles is on a stream :)

Anyway, I was also surprised she entered Cagnes/Trnava because not only does she have a lot of tournaments going on but she has other commitments like school and a life in Estonia... Still, it will definitely be a good finder of her level against the really good girls on Red Clay :)

#2,642 ·
Last year the MD cut-off to Trnava was 183, so it is likely that she won't make it to MD. In that case she only needs to win one round in Indian Harbour Beach to already make it quite pointless rushing to the Trnava qualies. She'd be jetlagged and tired from the trip. Or maybe it is her plan for the scenario where she does extremely well in Dothan and Charlottesville and decides to skip IHB :lol:

#2,646 ·
Tough lost but Vicky has been on an roll so far this yr, does anyone know where she play next

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.