Tennis Forum banner

2011-2012 recruiting - "speculation only"

17K views 89 replies 15 participants last post by  otary 
#1 ·
Lynda Xepoleas - blue chip

Rumor has it Lynda Xepoleas took an unofficial visit to Purdue.

#2 · (Edited)
gouci, do you know anything about Monica Turewicz. I have to confess that I have a certain fondness for her since she was the first junior player I watched at Ojai, against Megan Heneghan..:) At TR she listed so many schools it's not really helpful at all :)

And dunno why Xepoleas visited Purdue, I want to 'watch' her, she should be a good enough recruit for any Pac-10 teams..:)

#3 ·
I usually don't hold back on revealing what I know. Why because if you wait too long the info may become public and you can't take credit for it. :lol:

Ex. When I made the post about Xepoleas 2 days ago you looked at her TRN profile and didn't see any schools listed and asked if I was sure about Purdue. Today on her profile Purdue is now listed. So if I had waited just 2 more days to post, that info would have been made public and I couldn't take credit for it. You have to call it before it goes public to claim credit for breaking the news. :lol:

#5 ·
I'm hoping that Turewicz goes to Cal. She has the Weil connection which has been known as a pipeline to at least the Cal men's team. I also think it helped us recruit Radeva.

At a minimum she will take a visit to Cal, and then its up to the team to wow her (Marino also from Weil took a visit before deciding on Tech)

#7 ·
You're right, I also researched recently and found out that 'Weil Connection' :scared: Too bad Xepoleas, also from Weil, seems to go to Purdue. Since De Simone and Santamaria is heading to USC, Cal really seems to have a chance. It wouldn't be a bad choice, either. ;)

#6 · (Edited)
We can break down the probability of Turewicz's high interest choices, assuming no transfers and removal of scholarships from current scholarship players.

1. California = 1 spot open
2. Duke = Maybe 1 spot open, I don't know if Plotkin is taking a redshirt year. If she is then there will be no spots open.
3. Harvard = "Unlimited"
4. Northwestern = 2 spots open
5. Notre Dame =1 spot open
6. Princeton = "Unlimited"
7. Stanford = No spots open
8. UCLA = No spots open
9. USC = 1 spot open
10. Yale = "Unlimited"

The Ivies are unlimited because they don't offer tennis scholarships.

#8 ·
We can break down the probability of Turewicz's high interest choices, assuming no transfers and removal of scholarships from current scholarship players.

1. California = 1 spot open
2. Duke = Maybe 1 spot open, I don't know if Plotkin is taking a redshirt year. If she is then there will be no spots open.
3. Harvard = "Unlimited"
4. Northwestern = 2 spots open
5. Notre Dame =1 spot open
7. Stanford = No spots open
8. UCLA = No spots open
9. USC = 1 spot open
10. Yale = "No spots open"

The Ivies are unlimited because they don't offer tennis scholarships.
great analysis! Yeah it makes sense all the more for Turewicz to go to Cal, maybe less competition than USC, she can play at the higher position, I guess (although she IS the current California ranking #1 Junior ;) )

#10 · (Edited)
Scholarship spots open at Turewicz's high interest schools:

1. California = 2 spots open
2. Duke = 2 sports open
3. Harvard = "Unlimited"
4. Northwestern = 1 spot open
5. Notre Dame =1-2 spots open
7. Stanford = 2-3 spots open
8. UCLA = 3 spots open
9. USC = 2 spots open (2 already taken)
10. Yale = "Unlimited"

The only one that didn't change was USC since they have already recruited 3 players for next next year.

#11 ·
Scholarship spots open at Turewicz's high interest schools:

1. California = 2 spots open
2. Duke = 2 sports open
3. Harvard = "Unlimited"
4. Northwestern = 1 spot open
5. Notre Dame =1-2 spots open
7. Stanford = 2-3 spots open
8. UCLA = 3 spots open
9. USC = 1 spot open (3 already taken)
10. Yale = "No spots open"

The only one that didn't change was USC since they have already recruited 3 players for next next year.
WHAT WHAT WHAT? 3, NOT 2? WHO WHO??!!! You MUST tell me :help: (I know De Simone and Santamaria)

#14 ·
Turewicz is interesting because she is originally from the Illinois (Northwestern, Notre Dame), trained at Weil (UCLA, USC), and I believe is based in Saratoga now (Stanford, Cal). So she has a lot of connections to different schools, but could go to a completely different school.

#20 · (Edited)
Sophie Letcher - Australia

I speculate Arizona State has a high chance of getting Sophie Letcher. She has a WTA ranking high of #868. I'm guessing she's related to Arizona St. assistant coach Clint Letcher of Australia.

Coach Letcher has help started a pipeline to Australia for ASU with Michelle Brycki and Ashlee Brown coming from down under.

#21 ·
Sophie Letcher - Australia

I speculate Arizona State has a high chance of getting Sophie Letcher. She has a WTA ranking high of #868. I'm guessing she's related to Arizona St. assistant coach Clint Letcher of Australia.
Why guess? You can find the answer on the ASU website (with a little help from Google). Here is a local news article on the Letcher family.

From her record, Sophie should be good enough to get a good college place without relying on nepotism, if that's what she wants. Playing for your brother sounds a bit icky, but that's probably just me.

#34 ·
Girl's that Amalgamte is curious about (i.e. I have no connections :sobbing:)
*Goldfeld (most likely turning pro?)
*Anderson (no idea :scratch:)
*Melichar (Due to recent results I am sure she has turned a lot of coaches' heads)

It should also be noted that as of July 1 coaches can contact this class.

#35 ·
I agree on Goldfeld

I just have this inkling that Anderson will go to school. She has had great itf results this year, but she may take her time to develop into a better player.

Nicole is definitely looking at college and I know that 100% :) One school seems more in the running than others but idk :tape:

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.