Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

327K views 5K replies 133 participants last post by  Pova 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#2,312 ·
Still no big clay court title for Vika but she did good this week considering what happened in Madrid. :hug: Serena's BH was a monster, it won her this match and Vika unfortunately kept playing to it instead of going to the FH. I'm sure Sam picked up on this as well.

That said I'm glad she got way more match practice in Rome than she got in Madrid. :yeah: If Cibulkova isn't closeby in the RG draw, SFs should be more than possible. Perhaps even final depending on the opponent.

#2,314 ·
Woman needs a serve. I know it is so tempting to not mess with what you have, when you are still doing so well, but that thing is just no help at all.

#2,315 ·
Nice trophy presentation. She looked happy. She even tricked Serena into dropping part of her trophy.

I think Vika knew this was not her best chance to challenge Serena. In one way it is not good to accept defeat, but right now i would say it is a good thing going into RG trying to stay positive.

#2,316 ·
The first set shouldn't have been a breadstick. :eek:

Still a good tournament for Vika and great preparation for RG. I hope she takes the positives from this week and doesn't think too much about the final. Can't wait for RG to start. :)

#2,318 ·
Great wins against Stosur and Errani, two very capable clay players, this week. Not a great performance today. I wonder what would have happened if she had made that putaway at *3-4 40-15...

Anyway, excited for the RG now. I'd like to see her make the SF, but that is going to be very difficult. Hopefully she'll be drawn in the same half as Sharapova.

#2,320 ·
Only a QF? I expect a semifinal at least...and assuming who she plays, a final is not out of the cards.

Winning though, now that'll be tough to see. Depends on her draw

#2,325 ·
#1-#2

Doesn´t matter: Serena or Sharapova.

Greatest possible opponent: Radwanska, cause that can only happen in the final. :lol:

#5-#8

Bad: Na Li, Kvitova. If they reach the QF, that likely means they play well.

Good: Errani

Very Good: Kerber

Matches I don´t need to see: STOSUR, CIBULKOVA, Petrova, Kirilenko, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Kuznetsova, Kanepi, Halep, Lisicki, Stephens, Robson.

I think she can beat almost anybody on the surface, but there are also a lot of stumbling blocks. Draw will be crucial.

#2,327 ·
You asked who are bad draws. Those players listed I´d consider bad draws, because they have a high ceiling, are powerful and have proven that they can play well on clay.

I would prefer

R1: Wickmayer :sad:
R2: Morita
R3: Cornet
R4: Wozniacki
QF: Kerber

:p

I´m sure Cornet, Wozniacki and Kerber fans would take that result, too. :lol:

#2,329 ·
Only thing I worried about is that there going be some Dangerous unseeded player like Kuznetsova, Kanepi, Madison Keys. But as for Seeded Players I wouldn't want her near Na Li, Kvitova, Venus, Lisicki, Shvedova, Sloane or Pavlyuchenkova

#2,332 ·
I think vika played well in the final. But you can see that she is not as calm compared to on hard courts. Even though the shoreline was bad, she did ok. Higher first serves. But she was not allowed to go to rallies by Serena. She needs to make sure her returns don't sit up as much for others to whack them cos they have time on clay to do so.

Good warm ups. I think mentally she is strong enough to get to semis. If the draw is not too difficult.

#2,338 ·
Victoria Azarenka becomes youngest woman to cross $20 million in career earnings
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/?section=pre&id=10070

World no. 3 Victoria Azarenka has become the youngest woman to cross the $20 million career prize money milestone. The Belarusian, who has won two grand slam titles in her career so far, achieved the milestone by reaching the finals in Rome on Sunday, where she was beaten by world no. 1 Serena Williams.

Despite falling in the Rome final to Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka can take solace in the fact that her runner-up showing pushed her past the $20 million mark in career prize money, making her the 10th player to join that list and the fourth active one. Not only that, but she is the youngest player to achieve the feat.

Here is the complete list, along with the age at which they surpassed $20 million:
Serena currently tops the all time prize money list with earnings of over $44.5 million. Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova, at no. 2 and no. 3 respectively, are the other active players on the list.

PLAYER / PRIZE MONEY/ AGE AT $20 MILLION

SERENA WILLIAMS $44,549,390 26
VENUS WILLIAMS $28,674,658 28
MARIA SHARAPOVA $25,689,934 25
KIM CLIJSTERS $24,442,340 27
LINDSAY DAVENPORT $22,166,338 29
STEFFI GRAF $21,895,277 26
MARTINA NAVRATILOVA $21,626,089 38
JUSTINE HENIN $20,863,335 27
MARTINA HINGIS $20,130,657 26
VICTORIA AZARENKA $20,104,361 23

#2,340 ·
In retrospective R16 at the French Open last year was a great achievement considering what two weeks of training with Mauresmo have done to Bartoli´s career. :tape: :lol:

#2,343 ·
I don't think sharapova has been particularly impressive this clay season, getting run close by safarova, ivanovic, kerber. Destroyed by Serena in Madrid. Would much rather be in her half.

Li and possibly Stosur would be tough qf matches but ones where I'd still back Vika. Everyone else Vika should deal with handily on her Rome form.

#2,351 ·
Oh silly you. Obviously the tan for the whole year comes from the natural sun in Australia she always enjoys till the end and all the flashlight photography with the big trophy. :p

#2,355 ·
Huh.

If fashionguy is right it is

R3 Kanepi
R4 Bartoli
QF Na Li
SF Sharapova
F Serena

Apparently Stosur and JJ are not.

That would be the most horrible draw possible, if true. :help:

I just don´t want Kanepi in R3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.