WTA Doubles Rank: 654 [high rank 575]
National Singles Rank: 4 [high rank 4]
National Doubles Rank: 8 [high rank 6]

ITF Junior Rank: 47 [high rank 46]
National Junior Rank: 1 [high rank 1]

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Paula Kania Cheering Thread

Paula became the junior champion of Poland as 14 y.o. girl both in singles and doubles dropping only one set in doubles!

Singles:

1R: bye
2R: Julia Skalska 6:3 6:1
QF: Martyna Majewska 7:6(6) 6:3
SF: Sylwia Zagórska 7:5 6:4
F: Hanna Kapustka 6:1 3:1 ret.

Doubles (with Sylwia Zagórska):

1R: bye
QF: Małgorzata Głódkowska/Natalia Głódkowska 6:0 4:6 10-6
SF: Maja Kazimieruk/Sonia Klamczyńska 6:1 6:0
F: Hanna Kapustka/Martyna Majewska 6:3 6:0

2008 ITF Women's Results:

25k Szczecin:
1RQ: Marta Śmiechowska 6:0 6:0
1R: Joanna Sakowicz 1:6 0:6

25k Toruń:
1R: Verdiana Verardi 7:5 6:2
2R: Mihaela Buzarnescu 5:7 4:6

10k Iława:
1R: Karolina Dziubanii 6:2 6:0
2R: Ima Bohush 4:6 4:6

10k Kędzierzyn-Koźle:
1RQ: Ielizaveta Rybakova 6:3 7:6(3)
2RQ: Katarina Marackova 6:2 7:5

25k Katowice:
1R: Michaela Pochabova 3:6 6:4 4:6

100k+H Kraków:
1RQ: Huliya Velieva 6:4 4:6 5:7

25k Opole:
1RQ: Irene Rehberger-Bescos 6:2 4:6 1:6

#3 · (Edited)

2009 ITF Women's and WTA Results:

10k Warsaw:
1R: Magdalena Osterle 6:3 6:1
2R: Sarah Gronert 6:4 3:6 6:2
QF: Klaudia Gawlik 6:4 6:1
SF: Iveta Gerlova 4:6 6:2 5:7

600k Warsaw:
1RQ: Olga Savchuk 6:3 3:6 6:2
2RQ: Lenka Tvaroskova 0:6 6:7(3)

25k Szczecin:
1RQ: Katarzyna Kaleta 6:1 6:4
2RQ: Mariya Malkhasyan 4:6 2:6

25k Torun:
1R: Klaudia Gawlik 6:0 6:0
2R: Anna Korzeniak 6:7(0) 1:6

#5 · (Edited)

Articles

Something to the Guiness' Book

This match will be a history of Krakowian tournament Salwator Cup. Paula Kania struggled 3h 35min against Julia Weliewa. Finally the Bulgarian won the match.

Pole in each set had an advantage of break but she managed to win only the second one. With sorrow in voice answered what she was lacking to win. - I can't finish off the matches that were actually won. It's in my mind. There's a bigger chance that I win a match when I'm loosing 1:4 than when I'm leading 4:1 - said Paula.

The long fight finished with the win of Julia 7:6(4) 4:6 7:5 - Was it the longer match in my career? I don't know myself - Kania was thinking.

- I lost also because I hadn't trained for the two weeks, but I came to try. I though: "maybe I will do it". Unfortunately, I didn't - added

Ursynów Cup articles

On 10k tournaments ranking not always tells all truth. But there was no place for misunderstandings at Paula Kania [915] and Magdalena Osterle [not ranked yet]. Pole, a year, four months and five days younger than the Austrian won five first balls and she felt good with such an advantage. Of course, sometimes she gave herself a rise to the small anger, but the most important is that after the last ball she could smile.

Kania doesn't equal Sarah Gronert neither ranking nor height nor power. But she has got more smartness and fantasy which help her to be on the good place and time on the court. Then you just need to put the ball in the inconvenient place. German - four seeded was looking for her dad-coach by sight, he tried to give her some advice but it helped only for a moment - for a one set. What did Paula say about the loss of one set? "I just wanted to play longer" - smiled. Now she will face Klaudia.

You could be sure to meet one Pole on saturday semifinals because Paula Kania and Klaudia Gawlik created the only quarterfinal polish-polish couple. They had met a several times until now but when they did it last time they - despite the young age - couldn't recall. Until today Klaudia won each match against Paula. But now it was the younger player who won in Ursynów. She rightly claims that this match is much more worthy than all those previous meetings. The semifinal of the professional tournaments sounds really nice.

#7 · (Edited)

Paula's biggest success is reaching the semifinal of The Summer Championships of Poland. She beat Monika Micał 6:1 6:2, Anna Niemiec 7:6(5) 6:2 and Anna Korzeniak (WTA 209 then) but lost to the eventual champion - Karolina Kosińska.

Article:

There was a big sensation during the quarterfinal of 82th Tennis Championships of Poland Radan Tur Gliwice Open. Fifteen year-old Paula Kania defeated nr 1 of the tournament - Anna Korzeniak.

The tennis player from Kraków was the favourite of the match. People only wondered how many games the teenager would win. The first set confirmed this assumption - Korzeniakówna played firmly and efficiently, she won it 6:2. But in the second set Kania began to set the trend to the match - so effectively that she won 6:1. It was similar in the third set. Paula was leading even 5:0. At the end she won it 6:2 and whole match - advancing to the semis.

The curiosity is that last year two ladies met here a year ago. Kania lost then 0:6 1:6 - But after the match I knew that I was able to equal her. Now I knew that Ania was beatable because she was not in her biggest form. I did not prepare any special tactics for this match. I just noticed that Korzeniak played weaker and I used her mistake. However, It doesn't mean she was an easy opponent. Nothing of the kind! I had to work very hard to win. The same fact that the match lasted three sets says that.

There is no doubt that Paula Kania is the young, tallented player. In this year she started also playing in the professional tournaments. In Toruń she won the first round and in two other tournaments she won the qualifications. Michał Ziomber is her coach - he took care of her when she was 7 and he still trains her.

In the first semifinal 3 seeded Karolina Kosińska faced Paula Kania who defeated Anna Korzeniak in the quarterfinals. Unfortunately Paula didn't play as good as a day before. The other fact is that she had a different opponent, more dinamic, being able to play hard, fast ball, neutralising the volleys confidently, just playing with no limits.

Paula Kania played too nervously, she rushed too much, she showed her weaker side of her tennis - defence game. When Paula played volleys or lobs Kosińska killed the ball by playing smashes. It happened to Paula that she made the double faults. Everything annoyed her so much that she was throwing her racket on the court. The efect was that she lost the match quickly - in 1 hour - but it doesn't change the fact that she's a developing player and worth paying attention.

#8 · (Edited)

Paula also made a huge success on the Indoor Championships of Poland 2009:

1R: Dorota Łysienia 6:2 6:3
2R: Natalia Kołat 6:3 6:1
QF: Barbara Pietrkiewicz 6:3 6:2
SF: Sylwia Zagórska 6:4 6:3 [WTA 730]
F: Katarzyna Piter 0:6 3:6 :(

A year before she was in the semifinal:

1R: Katarzyna Zajdenc 6:2 6:0
2R: Anna Niemiec 6:1 6:3
QF: Sandra Zaniewska 6:4 6:3 :yeah:
SF: Magdalena Kiszczyńska 6:1 4:6 1:6 (good fight)

#9 ·

just saw her lose to Gerlova at Ursynów Cup semifinal. Wished her well, saw some really good shots but her on-court demeanor really put me off. She was cautioned by the ref once but got away with many more racquet abuses, plus made faces all the time, when she had to pick up loose balls from court between points, she did it so irritatingly slow, she just was not a pleasure to watch, none at all.

#12 ·

The other semifinal was not easy neither for a winner Iveta Gerlova nor for a defeated Paula Kania nor for the crowd. Supporters usually like long, sharp matches, such ones when the lead changes every time. However they approved the end of this 2,5 hour rally of the errors with a big relief. Even so did the players.

Ursynów Cup Semifinal score
Iveta Gerlova def Paula Kania 6:4 2:6 7:5

#15 ·

Good performance from Kania :) Smart play, she played way better today in comparison to her ranking :yeah:

#22 ·

In Toruń 1R against Klaudia Gawlik. Very winnable. :) I would prefer Paula to win as she has points to defend and she doesn't attend pro-tournaments very often.

Paula won't play polish championships after Toruń ITF. :( She chose to play G1 junior tournament in Berlin. :) She will also take part in European Championships in Linz.

#23 ·

She won a match with Klaudia Gawlik 6:0 6:0
But she lost to Ania Korzeniak 6:7(0) 1:6 in the second round. :(

Ania Korzeniak comments the match:

"Sometimes it happens that after an equal but lost first set, tennis players in the second set break down. Maybe it was that - estimates her match Anna Korzeniak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.