Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

272K views 5K replies 139 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 ·

Alexandra is a former Top 10 junior who's been left in the dust as her contemporaries, Victoria, Caroline, Aga and Agnes have made their names on the WTA tour.

Now, Alexandra seems to want to make her own noise. She just lost out on winning her 2nd (and by far biggest) title at the 75K hardcourt in Monzon. She is now within the Top 250 and warrants her own cheering thread! :bounce:

See less See more
#4,206 ·
but why, she had a lot of time to rest.

#4,211 ·
Withdrew from Oeiras (Estoril) quallies also ........ . If it's something serious , why doesn't she take the surgery option , rather than waiting to see if she can play and then withdraw and withdraw and withdraw ..... :confused: , although a back surgery can put her on the bench for another long period :sad:.

#4,215 ·
(1)Garcia v (wc)Sorribes Tormo
(wc)Pous-Tio v (10)U.Radwanska

(2)Cepelova v Govortsova
(wc)Dulgheru v (15)Niculescu

(3)Giorgi v Kudryavtseva
Bencic v (11)Cadantu

(4)Puig v Cetkovska
Barthel v (9)Ormaechea

(5)King v Goerges
Piter v (13)Tomljanovic

(6)Ka.Pliskova v (wc)Saez Larra
Pereira v (16)Scheepers

(7)Shvedova v Duque-Marino
Kleybanova v (14)Mayr-Achleitner

(8)Vekic v Van Uytvanck
Mladenovic v (12)Razzano

Wonderful :( . This is what I hate the most : 2 romanians meeting like this (in any sport).

#4,220 ·
I was quite surprised by the way this match went. It was a close match as exptected, but most games were not. While I expected every second game to go over Deuce, most went straight to the serving player or in majority to the return player. There were periods in this match were both girls struggled to win points.

It was Alexandra's first match after another injury break. She needs match practice and coming up against Monica after not having played for a couple of weeks is definitely not an easy task for any player out there.

#4,234 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.