Tennis Forum banner

ATC Doubles

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Natash. 
#1 ·
The rules will be the same as singles except you CAN change your points every round if you WANT! If you do not send again the same points will repeatedly be used. :D

How it works is your teams COMBINED score as the highest.

So

Players 1&2(team 1) vs. Players 3&4(team 2)

Player 1 - A-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Player 2 - A-A-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

vs.

Player 3 - 1-2-A-A-3-4-11-6-7-8-9-10-5
Player 4 - 1-2-A-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

Combined totals so:

Game 1: Team 1
2: 1
3: 2
4: 1
5: 1
6: 1
7: 2
8: 2
9: 2
10: 2
11: 2
12: 2

Team 2 wins first set 7-5! (and same for remaining sets)

If Team One has an A and a 1 it still beat ANYTHING without an ace even if it is paired with a one!

I hope you all get it. PM me your questions :)

I will do rankings and you can all pick and choose your doubles partners! Have Fun! :cool:

See less See more
#3 ·

Post the player you want. (Does not have to be the same as singles, unless the player you want is wanted by the current person. Say someone wants Wozniacki, but I have her in singles and still want her, I get her. If I do not want her she is eligible.)

You can pm me your points now or if you want to come up with a strategy for your points with your partner that is okay too! :D

Once we have a nice chunk of players we can start the season and pick our partners!

#6 ·
Do you have to keep the same players that you would in singles, because I'm Ivanovic in ATC Singles.

#8 ·
Oh, okay. That makes sense.

#9 ·
And yes, I am interested in playing doubles as Ivanovic.

#12 ·
Daniela will play doubles.

Just wondering, how do the aces come to play? I remember last time, they did an average of aces depending on each of the players' surface preferences.

#13 ·
No. Everyone will pm me their player and surface choice. You will send points the same as in singles for aces depending on the surface. If you have 4 aces and your partner has 0 then it does not average out to 2 aces, you both keep the same amount! :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.