Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

390K views 6K replies 244 participants last post by  tejmeglekvár 
#1 ·
Hi everyone :wavey:

Thought maybe we could use a thread here to post all the news, interviews, and articles we find on Masha. :)

I just got my new Tennis Week magazine and Maria is on the cover again (she was also on the March cover). :eek:

If they haven't been posted already, I'll scan in the pics and article and post them here later.

#3,603 ·
So what happens if WADA would someday unban Meldonium?
Would that make Maria an un-cheater?

And if WADA hadn't banned Meldonium in the first place, and Maria would have first mentioned taking Meldonium in her book, would people have even shrugged at it?
My point, drugs like Meldonium only seem bad when others decide they are bad. It's not like Meldonium is some massive wonder steroid.

#3,624 ·
Agreed, everyone goes to the limit of what's legal and acceptable and the people that blame her for it are hypocrites.

The idea that all the other top players got there just by eating Bananas & drinking Gatorade is absurd.

The fact that she took it for 10 years is completely irrelevant in this case, the only relevant part are the weeks after the ban.

#3,782 ·
This article has the important thing.
"Greene added that there was also the possibility of applying retrospectively for a therapeutic-use exemption for meldonium, which would be based on Sharapova’s long-term medical use. If approved, it could absolve her. Sharapova said she had been taking the drug since 2006 to treat a range of conditions, including indicators of diabetes and irregular electrocardiogram results."

of the many side and angle of this scandal, this is the way Maria and her lawyer has to approach it, her medical conditions and records. Okay, she might be not telling entire truth about it, but that's rather irrelevant if its well documented.

The other angle, argument about PED or not is useless and impossible for both parties.
The third one, Maria's negligence is what WADA will push for all the way. Her medical records can trumph this easily tho.

#3,646 ·
Maria probably has the best team she could have dealing with all of this mess. I'd be surprised if she gets a 2 years ban or even a year for that matter. I mean come on, Agassi was not even suspended, Cilic got only 4 months etc.
she supposedly should have had the best possible team around here and look what happened :rolleyes:

#3,655 ·
I think coming out with this broad and public of a confession is part of their strategy as well.

I mean if you look at it, they made sure the press conference had the biggest possible audience imaginable, I'm pretty sure that is one part of their defense strategy to show they never tried to hide anything or get a secret ban or whatever.
obviously the PC was a PR stuff. I just hope they didn't let her say things - because you can bet all she said was very calculated in advance - that then will expose her as a liar. Because that would ruin her image forever, since it would mean that she could never be trustable anymore (and I repeat, I still think she took the drugs for PED, despite that working for real or not)

In a nutshell, I hope that deep down she knew she fucked it up and that while giving PR BS excuses as to why she took it to avoid a 4 years ban (intentionality), she acknowledges to herself that she was legally cheating (like many other athletes though) and feel a bit guilty about it so as not to be a hypocrite. I want her to understand that they and (we) are all morally corrupted people to an extent and to feel a bit bad about it. Obviously this has nothing to do with how things will go on court, but here I'm talking an in introspect level. If she has a soul at least...

#3,639 ·
this is bad

Maria Sharapova must be banned ? WADA

In the wake of Maria Sharapova’s shocking drug fail, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has insisted the tennis star must be banned, and has threatened to intervene if the suspension is not big enough.
First president of WADA, Dick Pound, who described the failed drug test as “another body blow” for tennis following the recent match-fixing allegations, has called for the maximum penalty for the Russian star.
“She absolutely deserves to be banned. As for the length of that ban that’s not for me to decide.
“But I think that the ITF is going to have to make a decision over how strongly they feel about doping in their sport. And that could potentially by a four-year suspension. She will be arguing mitigating circumstances and so on – that is what lawyers are for.
“They will come up with a sanction and then WADA will have to decide if they think it is appropriate and if they don’t think it is appropriate, there is an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.”

#3,645 ·
I don't want to be a downer but, what the hell could this possibly do in ITF court?
"We've come to a unanimous decision that miss sharapova would be banned for 12mths but since there's an online petition from some of her millions of fans we've decided to let her go free"? There's no weight attached to that petition. Be real

#3,654 ·
Ah, ok, I found it. Nikola Pilic (he has that tennis academy in Munich, famous for being Novak Djokovic's training ground when he was sth like 12-14 years old). I suppose Zverev used to train there as well and this is how Pilic would know about it.

He's claiming that Zverev is using meldonium with a doctor's recommendation. I have to admit, weird that he would throw Sacha in the mix here, but alright.

Reactions: Mr.Sharapova
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.