Tennis Forum banner

Bye Bye USA. Welcome to Asia (Tashkent, Guangzhou,Tokyo, Beijing)

10K views 114 replies 18 participants last post by  Jerem 
#1 ·
Ula flies to Tashkent on Monday
Aga, rest in peace now. ;)
GL to both!

#5 ·
Tashkent Main Draw Singles

(1)Monica Niculescu (ROU) v Karin Knapp (ITA)
Eva Birnerova (CZE) v Claire Feuerstein (FRA)
(wc)Vlada Ekshibarova (UZB) v (wc)Sabina Sharipova (UZB)
Q v (5)Alexandra Cadantu (ROU)

(4)Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v Q
Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino (ESP) v Jana Cepelova (SVK)
Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR) v Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)
Dinah Pfizenmaier (GER) v (6)Bojana Jovanovski (SRB)

(8)Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) v Q
Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) v Q
Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) v Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB)
Nina Bratchikova (RUS) v (3)Alize Cornet (FRA)

(7)Alexandra Panova (RUS) v Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS)
Julia Cohen (USA) v Misaki Doi (JPN)
(wc)Nigina Abduraimova (UZB) v Vitalia Diatchenko (RUS)
Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) v (2)Urszula Radwanska (POL)

Torro-Flor :help:

#15 ·
#18 ·
Q. About your match today ?

I never played Torro- Flor and didn’t know what to expect, she played some unbelievable tennis in the second set to go up 5-1 , but then I kept my patience and played my strokes to come back and take the set.

Q. Its not the kind of return to the tournament you wanted , right it?

Its okay for me , I love to play in Tashkent this is my third year , I love the courts here and they suit my game . It is better that you get a feel soon in the tournament , Today my opponent played some positive strokes in the second set , I told myself she cannot be playing like this the whole match , and I need to put in more balls and make her make mistakes , this worked .

Q. Before coming here to Tashkent, did you set any goal?

As I said I love this event and that is why I’m back , I’m the second seed here this year , last time I reached the semifinals , this year I want to do better than that .

Q. What difference do you find in yourself since the past year?

Firstly I have worked very hard on both game, physique, and my mind . I have practiced a lot on every stroke in the game, I have become a lot stronger. I’m more experienced and know how to handle situations better than before. All this has boosted my confidence and has helped me this year. This has also helped to get my ranking higher.

Q . You haven’t played too much doubles this year ?

Yes me and my sister played at the Wimbledon as practice for the Olympics, but at the moment both of us are focusing on the singles.

Q. Your thoughts on the Tashkent Open?

I have been coming here for around three years ,and for sure the event has got better, the level of competition has gone up. I love the surface and the event and that is the reason why I keep coming back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.