Tennis Forum banner

Flipper 2013!

10K views 153 replies 16 participants last post by  Ollie. 
#1 ·
New year, new thread :cool:

She will start in Auckland ;)

#6 ·
Flipper has performed solidly in the past in Australia. If she stays fit and healthy the surfaces in the first 3 / 4 months suit her game.

Kirsten has pretty much nothing to defend till Rosmalen mainly due to last year having blood clots. I'd expect Kirsten would be aiming to take advantage of that and put together a campaign for top 30.

Sid Auckland draw. Use it Kirsten and start 2013 with a bang!

#8 ·
Go Flipper! :bounce:
I hope it is streamed :)

#10 ·
^And she's good at net so she should do well in doubles :)
R1 against Coin/Pelletier...

#11 ·
First set 6-1 over Voskoboeva :)

#12 ·
6-1 6-7 7-5 :)
Winnable R2 vs. Parmentier ;)

#13 ·
Wow after a comfortable first set that began such a tough fight! Well done Kirsten.

But Flipper is an absolute fighter, I think I saw her down 2-4 in the 3rd set.

A win to start the new season is always nice and a long match like that would have to get her game together.

Hope she isn't tired for round 2 because I too see it as winnable.

#15 ·
4-6 2-6 in doubles :sad::hug:

But 6-2 6-2 over Parmentier! :D:yeah:
QF vs. (3) Yanina :lol:

I want Yanina, sorry Kirsten :hug:

#25 ·
Kirsten should be winning some of her matches much more easily than she is. But the positive thing is she does t dwell on missed opportunities just fights back and does t give up.

Kirsten broke in the first game of the 3rd only to give it back in the next game. Schiavone served for the match but Flipper broke back and dominated the tiebreak.

So happy she has made top 50 :)

#27 ·
6-3 4-2 lead on Jovanovski in R2 :)

#28 ·
6-3 6-2 win in less than an hour :aparty:
QF vs. Peng or Niculescu :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.