Tennis Forum banner

Jana Novotna and Iwona Kuczynska confirmed as Bartoli's new full time coachs!

17K views 56 replies 34 participants last post by  superstition 
#1 · (Edited)
:eek:

#8 ·
Re: Novotna helping Bartoli out?

Why would it be odd? Jana could help Bartoli with some things that Bartoli is not that good at. Which is exactly what she wants to improve.
Just because Jana was such a terrific net player and Marion hates the net :lol: But it could be interesting, I was always of the belief that Marion needed to be more offensive, and she is actually a quite good volleyer, but her court sense of when to approach and where to be at the net is atrocious. Shes getting older so the grinding style she has wont work for too much longer.

#7 ·

Nothing wrong with Bartoli changing things up after all these years-maybe get a little more fit, too. If she wants a slam she needs to try something new.
GL to her.

#9 ·

Sam Smith said it a few minutes ago, that Jana was in Doha with Marion, and then mentioned the split from her dad. Anybody hear anything more about this? Would seem a bit of a strange team...
Well that would be like yin and yang. I thought Novotna was dead when they showed her. Didn´t move a muscle, while Bartoli can´t hold one still.

Has a former female top player as coach ever worked?

#12 ·

Can't quite picture bartoli chip and charging a la novotna

#15 ·

Good lord Marion.

Mauresmo AND Novotna?

Why does she not just throw in other headcases like Mandilkova to seal the deal?

Marion needs someone with a strong mental fortitude to guide her... and with all due respect neither Novotna nor Mauresmo is exactly known for being strong in that department.

If I had to choose a former top player for Marion I'd choose Justine Henin.... I personally feel she'd learn a lot more from her.

#16 ·

Good lord Marion.

Mauresmo AND Novotna?

Why does she not just throw in other headcases like Mandilkova to seal the deal?

Marion needs someone with a strong mental fortitude to guide her... and with all due respect neither Novotna nor Mauresmo is exactly known for being strong in that department.

If I had to choose a former top player for Marion I'd choose Justine Henin.... I personally feel she'd learn a lot more from her.
If theres any department in Marions game that needs improvement, it is most definitely NOT the mental side.

#29 ·
Alleged "head case" Novotna has a higher winning percentage in tournament finals than alleged mental giant Sharapova. I expect she'll do just fine as Marion's coach.

I loved watching Jana's game. Hate watching Marion's.

#30 ·
France's world No. 11 Marion Bartoli booked a third-round berth at Indian Wells on Friday and revealed she prepared under the guidance of new coaches Jana Novotna and Iwona Kuczynska.

"The decision was made after the tournament in Dubai," said Bartoli.

In Dubai, Bartoli said she was seeking guidance from former French great Amelie Mauresmo but would still need to find a regular coach after splitting with her father Walter, who had coached her since introducing her to the game when she was six.

Bartoli said Friday that she had only been working with Novotna, a former Wimbledon champion, and Poland's Kuczynska for four days, and that so far she thought the two provided a perfect balance.

"Jana of course knows tennis very well. She knows what it is mentally to be on the court," she said, adding that Kuczynska was more focused on training and technique.

Bartoli said she would still take advantage of the advice available from French Fed Cup captain Mauresmo, who has worked with France's Michael Llodra and women's World No. 1 Victoria Azarenka.

Novotna, 44, won Wimbledon in 1998 and a 1996 Olympic singles bronze medal.

The Czech also knows just how cruel the game can be, famously sobbing on the Duchess of Kent's shoulder in 1993 after squandering a commanding third-set lead and losing the Wimbledon final to Steffi Graf.

Novotna rose as high as No. 2 in the world and won 24 singles titles in a 12-year WTA career.

#35 ·
good luck, after her win today it was funny how she ran to Jana, like she had won the whole event haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.